Authentic Jeans Forums banner

Planning to Start a retail store in Singapore

760 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  nickster 
#1 ·
hey i was wondering if anyone on this forum is from singapore. I will be moving back to singapore in January by myself since i just turned 18 and i want to be independent now. Im thinking of starting my own retail store with help from my parents. My parents r willing to shelf out 30 grand for me right now to start my own business plus i have some money of my own in my shoe box under my bed...i think around 8.7 grand usd. In sindollar...thats around 80 grand. So i was wondering if anyone know anything about the fashion scene in Singapore. Since Ed Hardy company was founded in Singapore. Thats whats inspired me

My store will primarily be punk/high end denim clothing is what im thinking. having the majority of my brands be japanese brands like H.Naoto since my cousin has connection with H.Naoto right now.

So basically hows the fashion scene in singapore right now

#2 ·
Where is your house and how can I gain access to that shoebox!:jumping :devil

Seriously, you should contact the corporate offices for the clothing lines you are interested in and talk to them. DO NOT be tempted to use any of the bogus "wholesalers" who lurk all over the internet!

#4 ·
Make sure your cousin hooks you up with authentic merchandise!

BTW, we do have several members from Singapore. I have shipped there a few times.

#9 ·
I think its really cool that you were born into a family that has the resources to provide you with a lot of opportunities. Opening a store at 18 is a dream for many!! :rock I hope it proves to be a successful business venture and aids you in becoming independent. Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing of Singapore's fashion scene. :shake Just be careful flaunting your money all over the place, it might be gone sooner than you think. :IDK

#10 ·
40K US won't even get you 60K sing dollars.
If you're planning to start a retail store here you'd need roughly 200 K if you plan to do it in town. That'll buy you a dingy little retail space in a mall with less traffic than you'd like.
Japanese and Korean fashion are overrun here too. Unless you plan to get more financial backing and open a better known franchise that is not yet available here... I wouldn't quit school just yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.