Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
9,398 Posts
flush again with water , then get the visine (for contacts) I know you may not have contacts but its good because it is made for crap being in your eye irritating it all day long:)

· Premium Member
12,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys.

Yes, I wear contacts.... basically, somehow I mixed up two bottles of solution and instead of putting my contacts in saline all night, they were swimming in this peroxide solution and when I went to go put my contacts in this morning, I thought I had burned a hole into my face where my eye used to be.

My eyeball is all red and the inside of my eye. outside of my eye is fine right now. i'm wearing my glasses, which is covering it up a bit, but the stinging is making me twitch :twitch

I will rinse with more saline when I get home later. Thanks Danyel! :D

· Registered
2,885 Posts
Did you get AOsept in it?
Flush with normal saline or water for 10 minutes at least... I got hydrogen peroxide in my eye before because the solution didn't buffer correctly and it hurts like hell, but it goes away in a couple of hours.

· Registered
9,398 Posts
Thanks, guys.

Yes, I wear contacts.... basically, somehow I mixed up two bottles of solution and instead of putting my contacts in saline all night, they were swimming in this peroxide solution and when I went to go put my contacts in this morning, I thought I had burned a hole into my face where my eye used to be.

My eyeball is all red and the inside of my eye. outside of my eye is fine right now. i'm wearing my glasses, which is covering it up a bit, but the stinging is making me twitch :twitch

I will rinse with more saline when I get home later. Thanks Danyel! :D
you wear soft or hard lenses?

soft lenses are sensitive to hanging on to that crap, so make sure you clean them well and soak them, then rinse them, before putting it back into your eye:magwink

I wear hard lenses now(gas permeable) and they are much more tolerant of accidental chemical stuff:magwink and the ability to rinse easier.

· Registered
656 Posts
If I were you I would call my eye doctor and ask! Although I'm sure it's nothing too serious, an opthalmologist or even optometrist is going to be able to help you way more than a bunch of fashion junkies! You can never be too careful with your eyes!

· Registered
9,398 Posts
true, i am sure someone could help over the phone:)

Sodium , that is the beauty of our forum, we have such a variety of people, that we are not limited to jeans.

However always seek the advice of a medical professional( only you know your body:magwink)

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
If I were you I would call my eye doctor and ask! Although I'm sure it's nothing too serious, an opthalmologist or even optometrist is going to be able to help you way more than a bunch of fashion junkies! You can never be too careful with your eyes!
Hera is a nurse.

Anyhow, once i also had a contact accident... i had a sample of some solution that has to go in a special contact container with a neutralizing thingy. Well i had only used the thing once, but it was sitting on my counter for a long time. I guess one night i picked up the bottle instead of my usual solution, and put some in a regular lens case, not the special case it is supposed to go with. The next morning i also got a very rude burny awakening as soon as it touched my eye. I called the eye dr and he said it would be really irritated for a while but was not dangerous/extremely serious and would go away. I was pretty much fine the next day .

· Registered
656 Posts
Sodium , that is the beauty of our forum, we have such a variety of people, that we are not limited to jeans.
Definitely! I know I've seen lawyers, dentists, and nurses posting just to name a few. I didn't mean to suggest that the forum can't be helpful for more than just blue jeans! I was just trying to convey that in medical situations, I think it'd be wise to contact a doctor FIRST!

:thumbsup

· Registered
13,193 Posts

:drinkin<----anna last night

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.