Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Since I started to use this I have experienced a decrease in the amount of blackheads I get and some acne marks have faded a bit. The texture of my skin is somewhat smoother. It does not make my face feel tight or dry. I am, however, disappointed that it does not work miracles. It takes a while before you can see any results.

4 stars

·
Registered
508 Posts
Whats the difference between AHA & BHA? :confused: I tried AHA but it made me break out like crazy.....

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Whats the difference between AHA & BHA? :confused: I tried AHA but it made me break out like crazy.....
Paula Begoun - The Cosmetics Cop - Paula's Choice has good info on exfoliants.

Lol, Geebs- nothing works miracles and everything that makes a real difference takes time to work. :jumping I bet you'd go nuts with retinoids (great effects on wrinkles, discolorations etc but take up to a year to show up). :rofl

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I would also give a 2, maybe 2,5 star. I am on my second bottle now and i really cant say i noticed any significant differences. I guess i was expecting more :IDK

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I use this in a.m. & 8% AHA in PM and I have to say it works fabulous for me :) I've gotten lots of remarks of how fab my skin looks lately.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I would also give a 2, maybe 2,5 star. I am on my second bottle now and i really cant say i noticed any significant differences. I guess i was expecting more :IDK
It doesn't work for everybody. You need to extract existing blackheads, and then see if the BHA can keep them away. Repeat after about three weeks.
That said, my clogs are hormonal. Only Tazorac gel helps a little. :twitch

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Thanks Jenn :)
I must say that today i had a close look to my skin and i didn’t find any blackheads, so its does work great for that, but my pores still seem so dilated, though i'm starting to think that its mineral makeup that provokes it, cause when i use a normal powder (like lancome for example) my skin looks smother and nicer :IDK

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Thanks Jenn :)
I must say that today i had a close look to my skin and i didn’t find any blackheads, so its does work great for that, but my pores still seem so dilated, though i'm starting to think that its mineral makeup that provokes it, cause when i use a normal powder (like lancome for example) my skin looks smother and nicer :IDK
Oh hon, I'm sorry, pore size can only influenced *some* by retinoids. The pore size is hereditary, and they stretch out with time and sun damage. :(
BHA can only help in declogging them.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
I would give it 3 stars. I like how it makes me skin smooth, but it also makes me quite dry in areas. I am down to using it 3-4 times a week at night only. I guess as the weather gets colder, I'll have to lay off even more.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
I like it:)

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Oh hon, I'm sorry, pore size can only influenced *some* by retinoids. The pore size is hereditary, and they stretch out with time and sun damage. :(
BHA can only help in declogging them.
That is sad! :( my mom has HUGE pores
But then it was a very unfair review cause i am also free of blackheads now, and it doesn’t break me up or make my skin dry, actually it looks clean and shinny (a healthy shine not a greasy one). So i would have to change it to 4 star, it is a great exfoliating :)

·
Registered
14,112 Posts
I love it! I still have some blackheads (on my nose, but the number is significantly less), but I now have NO blackheads on my cheeks and very few on my forehead and chin. I went a few days without using it (waiting for my bottle to come after I'd used up the sample) and my skin went nuts. It doesn't work miracles, but it helps so much.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I LOVE this stuff. It has worked wonders on my skin...I used to have little bumps everywhere and now they are completely gone. I get tons of compliments on my skin now and this + face wash is all I use :)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Love this stuff to death. I use the 2% gel both day and night all over my face and it causes no irritation whatsoever. I think I might buy the liquid next, for summer. I liked it a lot when I tried a sample.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts