Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - I just won these on ebay...I realllllly don't need any new jeans but I couldn't help myself :eek:

I guess it's a little late to be asking, but does anyone have this cut/wash? I sized the same as my Melrose in Midnight Rocker which are a little snug, but I feel like I'd rather err on the side of a little tight with straight legs. I'm also a little confused about the color - the description says "dark gray" but the pictures definitely look more blue. Hmm.

Anyway, I'll post pics when I get them...just being impatient :magwink

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
platinum is a very dark blue that's similar to dark resin rinse, and it runs really small in my experience.

·
Registered
616 Posts
platinum is a very dark blue that's similar to dark resin rinse, and it runs really small in my experience.
really? odd, i have a pair of melrose in platinum and i find they run a bit looser than my normal paiges. they're the only pair i've tried on in platinum though so it could just be that i bought a weird pair.

·
Registered
616 Posts
also, forgot to add - platinum definitely has some grey, it's more noticeable in person i think.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So - I got these the other day and they're cute (I'll post pictures when I'm not crazy busy).

However, I need advice. These were described as "NWOT - never been worn" The inseam was listed at 30" which struck me as a little weird but I didn't think much of it. So, when I got these it turns out they've been hemmed with originals - not terribly well but not bad enough to notice too much. Should I say something to the seller? To me, NWOT implies that they are unaltered.

The jeans are still too long for me so it's not as if I can't wear them. However, they're awkwardly long and I'm not sure how my tailor is going to tear off the hems again and re-attach them. This seems really annoying so I'm sure I'll get charged extra if I ask.

So - what should I do? It's not like they're unwearable, I just always get annoyed when something like this is undisclosed, especially when something is advertised as NWOT/never been worn. Why take the trouble of hemming jeans if you're not going to wear them??

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I wouldn't say anything. Sometimes sellers don't know that a standard length for a pair of Paige is in the 33 inches and up. Especially if they were hemmed with originals.

As for the hemming of them - I had a pair of Dojo that had already been hemmed with originals and there was no problem shortening them at the tailors.

I can't wait to see pics! :)

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
I think you should tell the seller only if it bothers you.

Which style cut is it? Since it was listed at 30" inseam, I would have presumed that they have been altered unless it is specifically listed as a Petite Paige, Roxbury, or maybe Skyline Drive (but I'm not sure on that inseam). My Petite Paige is a 32" inseam so even that would have been altered to have a 30" inseam.

But, I do think that the seller should have mentioned that they were hemmed but perhaps they bought it without understanding that it could have been hemmed. For instance, Nordstrom Rack will often sell an item that has been altered on request by a customer and then not picked up. So, it is new by never being worn but it has been altered by a tailor. In this case, perhaps the seller bought them new but altered.

Your tailor can re-do the hem to a shorter length. They will just undo the hem and re-attach at a short length for you. It shouldn't be difficult to open the hemmed seam.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone! I ended up not complaining to the seller. I think I've just had annoying ebay experiences lately (multiple instances of people losing the items I've won, things labeled NWT that come without tags, etc.) which are all minor but add up to really annoy me.

Anyway - I finally got around to taking pics of these jeans today. I keep going back and forth with whether I like these on me and whether I want to resell, but today must have been a good day because I like them. They fit very different from my Midnight Rockers in Melrose - the waist fits much better (not as tight!) but it feels like a higher rise. I'm also not sure if I like how they fit on the bum - the pocket placement seems a little funky. The length is also annoyingly long...I feel like an inch or two shorter and I'd be fine.

I love the wash on these though - it's really unique. Sometimes it looks super grey, sometimes it looks blue...it's a really cool mellow wash.

On to the pics...

loved the accidental but dramatic hair flip here

folded up to a better length...

·
Registered
616 Posts
very nice...the hair flip worked out well :jumping

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
lol, love the "accidental but dramatic" hair flip

·