Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have lost some weight. I don't know how much in pounds but I've lost a size in jeans. I used to be a TTS 28 and now I think I'm a TTS 27. I have two pairs of jeans that fit correctly. . .a pair of stretch bobbys and a pair of Habituals in 27. The rest are just too big. You guys know that I've got 65ish pairs of jeans in that closet of mine.

What should I do? I know the obvious thing would be to trade all of my 28s and 27s for 27s and 26s but I think that's a bit unrealistic. Should I put them all for sale in the mall or should I wait until after the holidays to see if I gain my weight back? Normally, I do not gain weight over the holidays, though. I would just hate to undertake selling, buying, trading only to gain my weight back. I have been at this weight (whatever it is) for a few months now.

Help! What do I do?:( I hate having baggy ass and/or having to wear a belt.

· Registered
3,538 Posts
Well...getting rid of all of them now might encourage you to keep that weight off (if you're considering it a good thing)...haha.

And I think now would be a good time to sell them with Christmas coming up.

I'd start with a couple so that you could get a few pairs in your size at least and gently work your way across all your bigger pairs.

· Registered
3,829 Posts
I've bounced between sizes quite a bit. IMO I would choose a few that are truly your absolute favorite and fit the best (even if a little big right now-or that fit the best b4) and store them away. Then I would slowly start trading/selling to find some in your new size. That way you can end up with plenty to wear now but also a stockpile for someday if ever needed again (just in case). I keep a few pairs that are too small and too big in my spare room closet for those bounce between sizes times. Hope that helps and congrats on the weight loss (assuming it's a good thing too).:D

· Registered
13,193 Posts
Well...getting rid of all of them now might encourage you to keep that weight off (if you're considering it a good thing)...haha.

And I think now would be a good time to sell them with Christmas coming up.

I'd start with a couple so that you could get a few pairs in your size at least and gently work your way across all your bigger pairs.
i think this is a good idea!!

congrats on the weight loss btw:)

· Denim Goddess
7,926 Posts
Well, I think you were pretty damn skinny pre-weight loss, so in my opinion I would try to get back your old size by improving your nutrition & intake, esp. with 65 pairs of jeans that you love!
I haven't seen recent pics, but I am guessing that you probably don't look healthy as a size 27, so I would first try to gain some weight before selling everything.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
If you truly anticipate that you are going to keep the weight off and your body feels like it is going to stay that size, I would start to sell/trade your jeans. It is 65 pairs.. which is incredible, but the good news is that 28is a popular size so you may have some good luck in getting rid of your collection. I'm guessing you have styles that people really want and would love to buy from you, so maybe try a few pairs in the mall and see how it goes. If sales are good, keep it going with a few more pairs. I say celebrate your weight loss with some jeans that fit perfectly - no saggy bum!

· Registered
2,735 Posts
Exactly what happened to me...(but then again I did not have as much jeans as you do):magwink

I waited to gain my weight back...close to a year after when I decided that I can't stay stuck with ill-fitting jeans no more...

So I started buying new jeans , found AF, and eventually sold all the bigger sizes.:D

Kinda hard if you have that much jeans, though:(

· Registered
674 Posts
I'd wait until after the holidays before deciding about selling/trading. Not so much because of the holidays - because as you say, you don't usually gain over the holidays, but because it is a good amount of time (around 6 months at this size) & a psychological new begining (New Years).

If you are the same size come January & you are happy that size AND anticipate staying that size (no more children etc) - then start sorting out what you want to swap out or sell..... start with the stuff you will miss the least.

In the meantime maybe buy a few pairs so you have stuff that fits.

On a personal note as a 27/28 I am looking forward to your decision! :whistle :blink

· Registered
5,487 Posts
I definitely agree about selling a couple to be able to purchase some in your size. I gained a pant size not too long ago and let my sister "borrow" my favorite pairs (so that I wouldn't end up selling them should I get back into them) and sold the rest to purchase some in my new size. Hell.. with the holidays coming up, I may have to sell the newer ones for another pant size! :jumping:jumping:jumping

· Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Arghhh, I guess the consensus is to sell. It will take me hours to list and measure, etc., but I guess I will do it. Those bobbys that I mentioned in the original post I wore tonight. I spent the majority of the time tigging them back up after the creeped down. Guess there's one more pair for the sell list.

Sheesh.

Thanks for all the advice. I love you guys!

· Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, I washed four pairs of rigid jeans in hot and dried them in a hot dryer. I have not worn them for a whole day but I tried them all on and they fit perfectly right now. Do you guys think this shrinkage will be permanent?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.