Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo i sold an item on ebay. my policy states in the auction that the buyer has 48 hours to pay. its been 3 days, so i contacted the buyer yesterday to remind him to pay. then i happened to check his feedback..he has an 80% and about 4 negs saying he never paid or responded to emails. oh dear.. :shake i know ebay policy is that you have to wait until after 7 days to file a NPB, and i have this feeling that the dude's not gonna pay. the item is eligible for second chance offers, so i was wondering how i should go about this? should i give him another day, or wait the 7 days so i can file the NPB? or should i just give the other buyer a second chance offer? if i give a second chance offer, can i still file a NPB? and when should i leave feedback for this annoying shitbag :mad: i thought there was something you could file so that person cant leave negs for you if you leave a neg for them. sorry for the bazillion questions, thanks for your help guys :)

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
You are within your rights to offer up to the underbidder, however the buyer still has 7 days from end to pay(according to ebay) so if you do not sell to him should he pay within that time, you could get a non performing seller if you fail to sell to him.

I would wait until the 7 days are up, I know its totally frustrating.
I have one dang fool that has been stringing me along for two weeks.
I am pretty over it. After this amount of time, I would have lost all my underbidders anyway so I am screwed yet again by attempting to be patient and a nice guy.
:smack:smack:smack

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
You are within your rights to offer up to the underbidder, however the buyer still has 7 days from end to pay(according to ebay) so if you do not sell to him should he pay within that time, you could get a non performing seller if you fail to sell to him.
NO. There is NO ebay payment deadline, you are within your rights to require payment in any time frame you choose, and whatever the seller requires is what it is. That being said, we all know how i feel about very short payment deadlines, so i won't belabor that (48 hrs is too short and will set you up for many disappointments)

If you relist before collecting your fvf you won't get a free relist

Never leave feedback until after the dispute is closed.

NPB's can neg you so long as they respond to the dispute (they don't have to actually pay, just respond)

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
NO. There is NO ebay payment deadline, you are within your rights to require payment in any time frame you choose, and whatever the seller requires is what it is.
Yes, well what I meant and did not say clearly, is that 7 days is what you need to wait to file NPB etc. with ebay for a relist.:)

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
What I mean, is that if she sells something to someone else, and her actual first bidder pays for the item even if it is unavailable because she moved on, can they not report her for NOT selling to them when they rightfully won the item?

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
Her payment time frame is meaningless yes, I know that.
But to the buyer, who then pays for the item however later than seller states, and seller does NOT send to them, how would she then NOT be a NPS to that buyer?

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
No, you have it totally backwards.

Her stated payment timeframe is EVERYTHING. It's COMPLETELY BINDING. The seller dictates the payment terms, not ebay, and if the seller adheres to those terms they are not an NPS

· Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gots it..thanks everyone! i learned a lot :D

i always say 48 hours just so i can get payment quick...but i usually let it go until 7 days anyways, unless theres absolutely no response from the buyer.

i hate people who forget that bidding = contract to the seller :shake UGH. stupid people should be voted off ebay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.