Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just picked up my revolve package from the post office today, and noticed that the jean doesn't have a belt label. Is this a defect in the jean? I'm not quite sure; but when I look back on the revolve website at the nirvana jean, they have a belt label. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
78 Posts
wow, i've never seen one without the back label before! but then again, i'm a R&R n00b and haven't seen that many yet :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, i've never seen one without the back label before! but then again, i'm a R&R n00b and haven't seen that many yet :p
Yeah... It makes me sad. I waited about a month for these arrive, and now this is what I get. I contacted them, so I guess we'll see. I just wish I could have avoided the whole process of shipping it back.

They fit so nicely too :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's probably just an irregular, but that's strange Revolve didn't notice.:twitch

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's probably just an irregular, but that's strange Revolve didn't notice.:twitch
Yeah... an irregular, not marked as irregular :shake

Just don't know what to expect with the international returns; their site says:

"For international customers, we will reimburse your return transport costs on items with major defects, but we will handle shipping reimbursement for minor defects such as missing threads on a case-by-case basis. In general, we will reimburse return shipping charges for minor defects a maximum of five times per year, per customer."

...wonder what category mines falls under

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Oh, definitely not under *missing threads* category. It is a major deffect! I wouldn't like to have a pair like this, come on.. Who would? It is almost like the jeans without the indentity:cool: well, not quite, but you understand what I mean..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, definitely not under *missing threads* category. It is a major deffect! I wouldn't like to have a pair like this, come on.. Who would? It is almost like the jeans without the indentity:cool: well, not quite, but you understand what I mean..
Yeah, I totally understand what you mean! I've contacted Revolve, and am waiting on their response.

Maybe I should contact R&R too, to try and get a replacement pair, since these are irregular's that haven't been marked as so (plus Revolve doesn't have any in stock :() I wonder if that works?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, so just an update:

Revolve emailed me back and stated that it was a manufacturer defect, so I should just return it back to them and they'll cover the transport costs. However, I'm still in the hole with the Ontario taxes and handling fee that I had to pay when receiving the package ($21.06); and there's no way for them to reimburse this.

I also asked about maybe getting a replacement pair from Rock and Republic, but they told me that Nirvana's have been discontinued. I don't know if I should feel happy that I'm getting my money back, or sad that I'm down $21.06 with no pair of jeans.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
yeah.. shame, it's happened.. may be it will make you feel better if I tell you that my husband:mad: bought LG Prada phone, which we had to pay tax of $48 on, and as it is cracked on the side he has to now return it and pay about $33. Paypal says that all fees should be payable by the buyer.. :mad::mad:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Alright, so just an update:

Revolve emailed me back and stated that it was a manufacturer defect, so I should just return it back to them and they'll cover the transport costs. However, I'm still in the hole with the Ontario taxes and handling fee that I had to pay when receiving the package ($21.06); and there's no way for them to reimburse this.

I also asked about maybe getting a replacement pair from Rock and Republic, but they told me that Nirvana's have been discontinued. I don't know if I should feel happy that I'm getting my money back, or sad that I'm down $21.06 with no pair of jeans.
you can Ontario tax and handling fee back quite easily. Just "search" this forum. Check the BACK of the shipping label it explains everything as well.
You have to provide your proof of return though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can Ontario tax and handling fee back quite easily. Just "search" this forum. Check the BACK of the shipping label it explains everything as well.
You have to provide your proof of return though.
Thanks for that! I'll definitely look into it!

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
why not just keep them? its just a belt label, and im sure it's going to be covered by a shirt most of the time.
What about shorter tops? :D just joking.. No, I really like the way the belt label completes the look of the R&R jeans making it such a pretty thing.. not JUST for show-off.. :devil just a little bit :p..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about shorter tops? :D just joking.. No, I really like the way the belt label completes the look of the R&R jeans making it such a pretty thing.. not JUST for show-off.. :devil just a little bit :p..
Ditto; I was expecting a COMPLETE pair of jeans. I was contemplating on keeping them too because I figured the label would be covered anyways, but I just don't feel happy with paying for irregular jeans that didn't advertise itself as so.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I am trying to wrap my head around why you would throw 20 bucks down the drain to return a discontinued pair/style that you like!! Just because they are "irregular" (really a technicality in this case) doesn't mean there's actually anything "wrong" with them; they are authentic Rock & Republics in a great style that you apparently like, so why on earth would you give them away over something like that? How much can you possibly care about a waist tag that nobody ever sees anyway?

(Personally I hate the waist tag on women's R&Rs, it's almost always way too damn big and flashy and it just distracts from the pockets/wash which are supposed to be the important elements of a pair of jeans. Sometimes it's small and looks okay but I've seen crowns where the giant waist tag had a crown design just as big as the ones on the pockets, totally ruining the look/balance of the jeans.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am trying to wrap my head around why you would throw 20 bucks down the drain to return a discontinued pair/style that you like!! Just because they are "irregular" (really a technicality in this case) doesn't mean there's actually anything "wrong" with them; they are authentic Rock & Republics in a great style that you apparently like, so why on earth would you give them away over something like that? How much can you possibly care about a waist tag that nobody ever sees anyway?
Yeah, I totally agree. I was actually thinking about just keeping them and your post was the final convincing that I needed!

Thanks, sliver!

No one will ever know :D

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
No one will ever know :D
They really, really, REALLY won't. I promise. They are nice jeans, and they are saying please don't send me away!

I had a sample pair of Totum-pocket Henlees in Tungsten -- super rare -- with no waist tag. It bothered me for about five minutes and then I completely stopped caring; the jeans are all there, the style and wash and pockets are all there, who cares about some silly tag! ETA: If they were missing the distressing or the stitching on the pockets, on the other hand, that would be a serious issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They really, really, REALLY won't. I promise. They are nice jeans, and they are saying please don't send me away!
Well, you've COMPLETELY convinced me now! :jumping

Thanks so much, sliver!

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts

(Personally I hate the waist tag on women's R&Rs, it's almost always way too damn big and flashy and it just distracts from the pockets/wash which are supposed to be the important elements of a pair of jeans. Sometimes it's small and looks okay but I've seen crowns where the giant waist tag had a crown design just as big as the ones on the pockets, totally ruining the look/balance of the jeans.)
I didn't comment on this thread b/c I thought it was silly to go through all the trouble of sending back the jeans you like just b/c it was missing a small waistband tag.. but I thought maybe that was really important to some people so I just kept quiet :jumping

The only big & flashy tags on women's R&R are on the death metals and crowns. that's it. Other ones are pretty small :magwink but I do hate those square tags that all the older new pairs used to have.. but they are making their newest jeans w/ the old styles again so I'm happy about that :jumping

1 - 20 of 21 Posts