Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Both pairs are cool. But I must say I like the contrast stitch on the 8BG more.

But I think the important thing to note is that they are completely different washes.

VIKER 8BG
- "Light black"
Diesel Jeans Viker Art 8BG 29 x 32 Spring/Summer 2007 - (eBay item 200169631404 end time Nov-07-07 13:49:44 PST)

VIKER 70N
- Medium Blue
viker 70N - Google Search
Orig. DIESEL Jeans VIKER 70N dunkelblau W 34/34 NEU - eBay Diesel, W 34, Jeans, Herrenbekleidung, Kleidung Accessoires. (Eindtijd 28-okt-07 12:28:42 CET)

Just understand that the 8BG wash is a stretch wash, which may or may not require sizing down depending on your desired fit.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Yeah, I don't care much for both these washes in Viker either. I like 71G or 8BK personally. I didn;t know Viker had a 8BG wash. That wash is getting very old by now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, I don't care much for both these washes in Viker either. I like 71G or 8BK personally. I didn;t know Viker had a 8BG wash. That wash is getting very old by now.
Unfortunately, the "pilot wings" on the Viker 71G and 8BK kills the overall look in my honest, honest opinion. :)

I will agree that the wash on the 71G and 8BK may be than either of the 8BG or 70N Vikers, but if it comes down to it, I would rather have the 8BG and 70N ... simply because the back pockets are much classier. The 70N and 8BG doesn't scream, "hey, check out my butt". It's much easier to wear these on consecutive days if desired. Just one person's opinion.

Viker 71G

Amazon.com: Diesel Viker 71G Jeans: Apparel

Viker 8BK

Amazon.com: Diesel Viker 8BK Jeans: Apparel

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
IMO there are better grey washes, and one of them isn't even grey, wtf.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Unfortunately, the "pilot wings" on the Viker 71G and 8BK kills the overall look in my honest, honest opinion. :)

I will agree that the wash on the 71G and 8BK may be than either of the 8BG or 70N Vikers, but if it comes down to it, I would rather have the 8BG and 70N ... simply because the back pockets are much classier. The 70N and 8BG doesn't scream, "hey, check out my butt". It's much easier to wear these on consecutive days if desired. Just one person's opinion.

Viker 71G

Amazon.com: Diesel Viker 71G Jeans: Apparel

Viker 8BK

Amazon.com: Diesel Viker 8BK Jeans: Apparel
Pilot wing pockets? Well, I for one like the pockets on both the Viker 8BK & 71G and its awesome. But again, pockets are a matter of personal taste and whims but you are the first one I heard so far who despises those pockets.
Check out my butt...Isn't that the whole objective of wearing skin tight fits?:)(or am I missing something here?)...Isn't that why people bore you to death with silliness like 'does 71J wash stretch? By how much? Did you measure that with a laser or a vernier calipers? Do you have a Time Elapsed Vs Inches stretched chart plotted for your Zathan 71J?'... kind of questions :rofl
I personally happen to think 8BK & 71G on Viker are great washes with great pockets. But again, its a matter of personal choice. But first time, I heard someone dissing the pockets on 71G & 8BK as 'pilot wings'

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
I prefer the non-pilot wing pockets, but i'm not a crusader like SSC - zatiny 8fc is still hawt.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Pilot wing pockets? Well, I for one like the pockets on both the Viker 8BK & 71G and its awesome. But again, pockets are a matter of personal taste and whims but you are the first one I heard so far who despises those pockets.
Check out my butt...Isn't that the whole objective of wearing skin tight fits?:)(or am I missing something here?)...Isn't that why people bore you to death with silliness like 'does 71J wash stretch? By how much? Did you measure that with a laser or a vernier calipers? Do you have a Time Elapsed Vs Inches stretched chart plotted for your Zathan 71J?'... kind of questions :rofl
I personally happen to think 8BK & 71G on Viker are great washes with great pockets. But again, its a matter of personal choice. But first time, I heard someone dissing the pockets on 71G & 8BK as 'pilot wings'

I am the first :) ;score :headspin (I just like these emocons, so I've decided to use them :) )

Interesting take on the "check out my butt" theory with skin tight fits. You may have a point there. Well, you're also conversing with a person that likes minimalism with a tad bit of semi-borderline-loudness but still subtle if you know what I mean.

Yes, both the 8BK and 71G including the "atrocious" :D Zatiny 8FC (Avatar will know what I'm talking about) resembles pilot wings in my eyes. And I just never fancied pockets with "pilot wings" from the very start. They simply remind me of pilot wings (pilot wings - Google Image Search). But more importantly, in my opinion, they're "loud." They don't seem to gel well with the overall look of the denim. Very similar to my take on the X-rotuck pocket flames.

I also skipped the Viker 71J because of the butt creatures.

" 'does 71J wash stretch? By how much? Did you measure that with a laser or a vernier calipers? Do you have a Time Elapsed Vs Inches stretched chart plotted for your Zathan 71J?'... kind of questions :rofl "
... THESE are great questions :magwink :D

I use the vernier calipers myself. :D
http://phoenix.phys.clemson.edu/labs/cupol/vernier/caliper.jpg

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
ass creatures are awful.

x-ro are ok. tassels are ok. 8FC's are tolerable only because 8FC is so hawt.

safado 71J will own.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

" 'does 71J wash stretch? By how much? Did you measure that with a laser or a vernier calipers? Do you have a Time Elapsed Vs Inches stretched chart plotted for your Zathan 71J?'... kind of questions :rofl "
... THESE are great questions :magwink :D

I use the vernier calipers myself. :D
http://phoenix.phys.clemson.edu/labs/cupol/vernier/caliper.jpg
RHEED(Reflection High Electron Energy Diffraction) is my preferred method for measuring 71J stretch:magwink I like my stretch measurements on 71J down to the Angstroms:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts