Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to Disney World soon. I have booked a few meals already, but mostly for breakfast. I have been there many times, but am having trouble deciding where to eat. We have 2 little ones (2 yo, 1yo) in our party of 8. We aren't going to be eating every meal together, so it may be just my dh and 2 yo. I can't get a reservation at Teppan Edo at Japan in Epcot, it's already booked. I am also 11 weeks pregnant, so I am not always in the mood to eat everything.

The reservations that I have so far are:
Chef Mickey Breakfast
Lilo and Stitch Ohana Breakfast
Little Einsteins Hollywood and Vine Breakfast at MGM
Crstal Palace Dinner at Magic Kingdom

We are going to be there for 6 nights. We plan on eating one meal dinner before the Mickey's Christmas party at our hotel (Carribbean Beach). Any suggestions are appreciated, even if you have a favorite counter service meal place for a quick bite. We will be visiting all of the parks. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
23,935 Posts
We are going to Disney World soon. I have booked a few meals already, but mostly for breakfast. I have been there many times, but am having trouble deciding where to eat. We have 2 little ones (2 yo, 1yo) in our party of 8. We aren't going to be eating every meal together, so it may be just my dh and 2 yo. I can't get a reservation at Teppan Edo at Japan in Epcot, it's already booked. I am also 11 weeks pregnant, so I am not always in the mood to eat everything.

The reservations that I have so far are:
Chef Mickey Breakfast
Lilo and Stitch Ohana Breakfast
Little Einsteins Hollywood and Vine Breakfast at MGM
Crstal Palace Dinner at Magic Kingdom

We are going to be there for 6 nights. We plan on eating one meal dinner before the Mickey's Christmas party at our hotel (Carribbean Beach). Any suggestions are appreciated, even if you have a favorite counter service meal place for a quick bite. We will be visiting all of the parks. Thanks in advance.
Disney is my most favorite place in the WHOLE world!! Here are my:thumbsup choices!!

For a rip roaring good time, go to the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wildnerness Lodge. Your kids are pretty young, though, this may scare them. However, you can be as loud and obnoxious as you please!
Breakfast Menu: Whispering Canyon Cafe - Breakfast - Wilderness Lodge
Lunch Menu: Whispering Canyon Cafe - Lunch Menu - Wilderness Lodge
Dinner Menu: Whispering Canyon Cafe - Dinner Menu- Wilderness Lodge

For a delicious ADULT meal with only 1 dining credit on the DDP, Kona Cafe at the Polynesian is too die for!
Menu: Kona Cafe Dinner Menu - Polynesian Resort
We did the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast and found that is was way too crowded. The food is great, but there are so many people there, all the characters didn't get to our table. I would try to find another one that is smaller if possible.

At the Animal Kingdom, we love Tusker House which is right near the Kilamanjaro Safari. Its counter service but I think its being turned into a Character dining spot with a buffet. Its closed until sometime in November. Check this link for updates: Tusker House Breakfast Counter Service Menu from Disney's Animal Kingdom

The Hollywood and Vine Character dining is GREAT! We did it for lunch and the food was delicious! I am sure breakfast is just as good!
Breakfast: Hollywood and Vine Lunch - Disney-MGM Studios
Lunch: Hollywood and Vine Lunch - Disney-MGM Studios

Also at Disney Studios is Mama Melrose Italian Restaurant. The food is divine and you can do a Fantasmic dinner package. Fantasmic is a MUST see nighttime show! Here's the link: Mama Melrose Dinner - Disney MGM Studios

Here is another good Counter Service Mexican place in the Magic Kingdom: El Pirata y el Perico - Adventureland - Magic Kingdom Its near the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Don't give up on Teppan Edo. I would try to call the day you want to go or just walk up early, around 4 or 4:30 and you may can get a table! Have a back up plan reservation for somewhere else just in case. You can easily get to the Boardwalk or Beach Club for dining if that falls through and there are lots of other places at EPCOT that are really good. People swear by Le Cellier as one of the best steakhouse's anywhere! Here's the menu: Le Cellier Dinner Menu - Canada - Epcot

We are going back in March (3rd time in 18 months!!) and we are dying to try the Yak and Yeti at the Animal Kingdom--its in Asia.

We did NOT like the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary.

My sister and BIL LOVED the Yachtsman's Steak House at the Yacht Club.

Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney never disappoints. Very expensive but delicious!

We didn't make many ADR's when we went in June and we were able to get seating at every place we tried. Just call on the day you want to go, or like I said above, just drop in! There are always lots of people who don't show up or cancel at the last minute.

The links above are from this most awesome website: Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I am the self-proclaimed AF Disney PRO!!

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lawgal2002. I saw Yak and Yeti on allearsnet.com, but no menu, says it opens tomorrow. Any idea what kind of food that is going to have? Whispering Canyons sounds good. My niece probably wouldn't care for it, but my two year is not afraid of noise and the more activity that he can watch, the better! This may be a good place for me, dh, and my little guy.

· Registered
23,935 Posts
We took my daughter to Whispering Canyon when she was 4 and she loved it! Its great to go to a restaurant and not have to worry about your kids making noise!

Yak and Yeti is supposed to be Pan-Asian, whatever that is!! I would expect stir-fry, noodles, etc. Maybe Deb will have a menu posted within the next week or so if it opens tomorrow!

Tusker House is our favorite AK place. They have the best rotisserie chicken and steamed salmon. HUGE portions.

Are you on the dining plan? If so, you will find that you get a TON of food and you and DH may can share some Counter Service meals. DH and I did that and our kids shared as well and we had a few left over credits on our last day. We used the remaining credits on the last day and took some food home with us.

I can't wait to go back in March. We are going with my sister and her 4 kids, her MIL and SIL and my parents! Sis and BIL bought Vacation Club so we are staying in two 2 bedroom villa's at the Beach Club. Its going to be wild and crazy but its fun that way!

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We decided against the dining plan. The Beach Club sounds nice. I think the more the merrier at Disney. We are going with my parents, brother, SIL and niece, so this should be fun! I am counting down the days!

· Registered
330 Posts
Are you going to have a rental car?

I grew up in Orlando and every year my parents took us to Disney World and/or one of the other parks... it was expensive just to park and for admission, and they were young... with 3 young children. The food and drinks at Disney are so expensive, so being on a budget my mom would always pack our lunches so we could intead afford a souvenir.

She left the cooler in the car and when we were ready to eat we all went out and sat on a blanket in the grass... they have little grassy spaces between some of the rows in the lots. There were always other families doing the same thing.

:love

It's just a thought and just in advance -- I'd rather not hear anyone rip on me or my family for being cheap and/or poor. TIA.

· Registered
23,935 Posts
We did it once with DDP and once without. We spent WAY too much eating without it. It really is worth it. Since you have 2 tiny kids to feed, you shouldn't really see much of a difference, though.

Have fun!!

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you going to have a rental car?

We are driving so we will have a car. The first night that we get there, we plan to eat at Pizzeria Unos and go to the outlets.

In the past, we try to eat a big breakfast and dinner. Then a snack at lunch. I know another family that takes a cooler and eats outside the park. I plan on taking snacks with me for my little one. I also plan on taking water, soda, and snacks for the hotel room, since we will have a frig. Maybe even a few little boxes of cereal, just in case, we want a quick morning meal.

· Registered
5,251 Posts
You have to do the Disney Dining Program...best deal in the world! Problem is you have to stay at one of the Disney Resort hotels to get it. You can go to the most expensive and best places and eat like a king for way less than buying it separate.

I like the Spirit of Aloha dinner/show at the Polynesian Resort. It's like a Hawaiian style Luau with the food and show. Or you can do the O'hana restaurant at that resort and they serve Brazillian style BBQ on skewers. We stayed at this resort last time and it was fun.

If you want something really adventurous, you can try Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Resort, but your kids may not like it because it is really really exotic.

If you like a good old fashoned steakhouse, try the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Disney Yacht Club resort.

For the ultimate Dining service (costs lots of $$$ and not on the DDP), you can do the Victoria and Albert's restaurant at the Grand Floridian resort and get a table in the Kitchen where the chef makes your meal specially tailored for you.

Hoping to go back near winter time of 2008 and want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I hear they really decorate the Wilderness Lodge up during Christmas season and probably looks the most "Christmasy" during this time of the year that my kids would probably love it.

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Or you can do the O'hana restaurant at that resort and they serve Brazillian style BBQ on skewers. We stayed at this resort last time and it was fun.
We loved this place when we went.....all you can eat and fun activities for the kids.

· Registered
23,935 Posts
In response to what April said, if you are staying on park, you don't have to pay to park at the parks. You can take Disney transportation. The buses are a GOD SEND!! We parked the car and didn't look at it again until we left!

You can take cooler style backpacks into the parks. We did that last summer and it was great!

And yes, Vis. We can close this thread!:rofl I AM THE DISNEY PRINCESS!:magwink

· Registered
1,881 Posts
I have to ask Lawgal for help with the exact names but...
That Winnie the Poo lunch at MK is fun for the kids; I love that Drive In Movie one where you sit in a car, fun for all ages; and just for the sheer beauty of the restaurant, the Coral Reef at Epcot.

I also highly reccommend Deb's website- everything you could possibly want to know and more!

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the ideas! I love Disney, but food is the last thing from my mind with morning sickness! That is making it really difficult. I am going to try for more reservations tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.