Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All;

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I just got my Raw 7's back from the tailor after a small rip and i noticed some fraying, i've had enough with them.
My H&M Lads arent fading well. I just need new jeans.

I love bootcut jeans.

My favorite fits are:
TR Joeys
TR Billys
Guess Cliffs
Levi 527
H&M Lad
Diesel Zathan
Diesel Koffha

Any suggestions on a pair that will fit similar to these?

Another requirement, I don't want to buy them online (sight unseen). I want to try them on, feel them, look at them with different shoes (thats right, i bring 2 pairs of shoes to try on jeans).

I am a 30x29.5.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Well...from the TRs and Diesels, I'm going to guess you like bootcuts? I don't know other brands, but amongst Nudie, you can look at Regular Ralf or the Bootcut Ola. The RR is a pretty "standard" bootcut, which also means versatile in how you want to wear (size down, stay tts, w/e). The BO on the other hand, is tight in the thighs initially but will stretch out. The bootcut is also very small, and looks like a straight or even tapered with shoes on. I've read that Nudies DO come in a 30" inseam, but I've yet to come by one...so you'll probably have to get a 32" inseam. I wouldn't recommend hemming them either, cause they might shrink when washes, and you're not supposed to wash for a while. Just stack them instead.

(PS. by posting in the dry denim section, I assume when you mean you're looking for a new pair, you're looking for a new pair of dry's)

·
Moderator - Dry Denim
1,804 Posts
According to the fits you listed, I don't think I an ola would be the best choice, as who8mahrice mentioned, it can be a terribly tight fit, and it's name, a misnomer.

Certainly a Regular Ralph would be a good choice for you, probably staying TTS rather than sizing down any. I should tell you though that dry denim does take a fair amount of patience, and the fact that you admitted to giving up on your first pair...just be aware that results, no matter what the brand or price, will not come overnight. :shake

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the fits you listed, I don't think I an ola would be the best choice, as who8mahrice mentioned, it can be a terribly tight fit, and it's name, a misnomer.

Certainly a Regular Ralph would be a good choice for you, probably staying TTS rather than sizing down any. I should tell you though that dry denim does take a fair amount of patience, and the fact that you admitted to giving up on your first pair...just be aware that results, no matter what the brand or price, will not come overnight. :shake
I gave up on the first ones because they were too delicate, thin denim ( i want to say like 8oz, very sad display) They were my firsts and I didnt know about weights etc.

I was looking on nudie's site and found the flare glenns, anything to replace that fit? I like it alot ;score

So for bootcut ola, dont size down? or what?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I gave up on the first ones because they were too delicate, thin denim ( i want to say like 8oz, very sad display) They were my firsts and I didnt know about weights etc.

I was looking on nudie's site and found the flare glenns, anything to replace that fit? I like it alot ;score

So for bootcut ola, dont size down? or what?
Flare glenn no longer exists, the next best thing would be ralph. Don't get bootcut ola if you want a bootcut. I did and I'm kinda wishing I just went all out with the RRDS

Ola is really tight, and the fabric is very thin. Although the actual effect on fading the weight has is debatable

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Flare glenn no longer exists, the next best thing would be ralph. Don't get bootcut ola if you want a bootcut. I did and I'm kinda wishing I just went all out with the RRDS

Ola is really tight, and the fabric is very thin. Although the actual effect on fading the weight has is debatable
Well I changed my mind, I am going to get back to work with my H&M Lad's and I picked up (an amazing deal on) some Diesel 1 Rinse Shazor's. Pretty light denim. I just finished soaking them and throwing them in the dryer (I want them small!) and I made an appointment with my tailor @ 8:30 tomorrow to get them hemmed. Pics to follow!:woohoo

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you want a really nice pair of raws I would suggest 5EPs or Kicking Mule Workshop. Are you looking for a skinny leg, straight, or boot cut?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are in the San Francisco area, you might want to try out these Flathead jeans.
S5003 - $280.00 : Self Edge : Japanese Selvedge Denim
Blue in Green in New York also has some nice bootcuts.
Both stores carry stuff that is well over 8oz denim, most are 14-21oz. They also will hem the jeans for you and have great return policies if you decide to buy online and end up with the wrong size. And both have great customer service if you need help deciding which jeans to get.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=41&category_id=11&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2706&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28
I have a pair of Samurais and Flatheads and I love the construction and the details on the jeans. They won't let you down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts