Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned something new about my sweet husband tonight after I beat him twice a backgammon. He said I am a shitty do-gooder???? WTF. So that is why I am on AF right now, my husband made me feel like shit for winning. :(

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a baby. Do you need me to come over and cram the backgammon board up his bunghole?
Yes, I am seriously annoyed with his behavior right now. We were having a nice evening, went out to dinner, came home, put on some music, and played backgammon. Next thing I know I suck because I won twice :confused: From now on I suppose I will let him win so he doesn't get pissed? He was the one who suggested we play and he knows I have excellent strategy (Not to sound like an asshole but it's not the first time I've beat him repeatedly). I'm just really good at games :IDK

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
that is so ridiculous!

do not let him win, you're feeding into his behaviour if you do that. deal with it like you would a small child. tell him if he can't play nice, you won't play at all!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
LOL its not just him...I think all men have a Twinge of sore loser in them :rofl

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
He's being silly - good for you, I love playing backgammon!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Oh, you totally need a "Poor baby!". My husband gets a bit like this every now and then too, so I understand! Hopefully he'll realize later how ridiculous the behavior is!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All men hate to lose, especially to women. :hide

:D
I'm glad you weighed in a male response. I know my hubby, however sweet, is still merely a human man...

But I have little to feel good about as a woman, perhaps he can let me be a little better a backgammon?

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
I dont understand that

Its not like you were running around the room doing the big *Loser* L with your hand???

( my daughter does that-LOL)

but *sigggh* yes they hate losing, the "female" thing is the issue for sure.
DH says it's a dignity thing.

It's not like anyone SAW him lose:roll

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Aww don't feel bad. He's just lashing out because you hurt his ego. (I'm a sore loser too haha)

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
I dont understand that

Its not like you were running around the room doing the big *Loser* L with your hand???

( my daughter does that-LOL)

but *sigggh* yes they hate losing, the "female" thing is the issue for sure.
DH says it's a dignity thing.

It's not like anyone SAW him lose:roll
oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, Hera you're glowing (AF name). :)

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
I'm glad you weighed in a male response. I know my hubby, however sweet, is still merely a human man...

But I have little to feel good about as a woman, perhaps he can let me be a little better a backgammon?
I'm sure he would have felt better if you hadn't done the end zone dance on him after your pure thrashing games of backgammon.:magwink:magwink:magwink:magwink
Did you backgammon him or gammon?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure he would have felt better if you hadn't done the end zone dance on him after your pure thrashing games of backgammon.:magwink:magwink:magwink:magwink
Did you backgammon him or gammon?
First, I certainly DID NOT do an end zone dance. I didn't say anything, just smiled. Am I not allowed to smile?

Second, I'm not sure of the difference between backgammon and gammon^

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
There is no way I would ever lose on purpose for/to a man EVER.

I could not respect any dude that would accept that either.

Thats total crap.
:bsflag:bsflag:bsflag

If a dude wants to play with me, he can beat me fair and square.
I would never gloat as a winner either, and I don't sulk and whine if I lose.:shake

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Sorry that your husband's competitive streak ruined your evening! Sometimes men need a swift kick in the pants.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts