Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i finally got my first pair of R&R at nordstrom, and they're Fearless Collaboration Blue (FER0150). i love the fit and the wash for the most part. what kind of cut is fearless R&R? based on how it fits me, i'm assuming it's low rise straight leg, just like the Ralph and Vaughn right?

so what do you think about the fearless jeans and are they worth it? even though i got it at a decent price, i still feel kind of ripped off because i think fearless is the only R&R style that doesn't have any embroidery on the pocket. being my first pair of R&R, i just wished it had that distinct signature R on the pocket, or some kind of visual to show that it's R&R jeans. i just don't see fearless being the type of denim to be someone's first R&R. so should i return these and get something else or keep them? maybe i can take these somewhere that can embroider that R on there. jk. :D

EDIT: just took pics and added them

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
You shouldn't buy R&R just for the logo on the back pocket :magwink

I actually like the Fearless cut and Morrison cut the best just because there isn't any embroidery

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either way... PICS!!! :D
i knew someone would say that :rofl. i was going to take a few pics, but it's getting late (was going to do it tomorrow) and i wasn't sure about how to do it haha. is there some kind of rule on taking pics on this forum? i'm guessing no rules as long as it's not rated XXX right? :magwink

You shouldn't buy R&R just for the logo on the back pocket :magwink

I actually like the Fearless cut and Morrison cut the best just because there isn't any embroidery
at first i looked into the R&R's that didn't show any embroidery or if it did, it would only be a subtle one that the R would just blend in. i wasn't too much into the ones that looked too flashy, but now the more i look into it, the more i see how nice the R looks is one of the factors. for example, if every R&R had all the embroidery on the pocket plucked off, it would definitely take much of the sexiness away. it's one of R&R's signatures, no?

·
Registered
107 Posts
is there some kind of rule on taking pics on this forum? i'm guessing no rules as long as it's not rated XXX right? :magwink
lol topless pics? That would be the first :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a pair of Fearless. I don't remember the wash, in fact I just got them 3 days ago from the R&R 50% off sale. I love em. And since I hate anything that is new R&R, this pair is a breath of fresh air. Fit is great, looks perfect with dress shoes, and back pockets are simple yet stylish. Keep em.

And according to my understanding, Fearless is a standard slim straight fit, not a low rise fit.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I don't like Fearless because of the lack of back pocket design...:rofl

But if you like them, by all means. It's kind of like how I like some of the STD pairs (wearing one right now)!

·
Registered
36 Posts
if YOU like em, rock em!! i understand wanting to get others' opinions but you should really just get what you like and make it your own style! :thumbsup

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok i just added pics!

let me tell you that i just hate doing this kind of stuff: taking pics of myself in the mirror. it makes me feel like i'm doing those lame myspace conceded pics to show off lol. i don't know how else to do it though. i apologize for the crappy camera, blurry pics, bad lighting, and horrible photography skill :rofl. it makes it really hard to see what the jeans really look like.

anyways, i hate crotch grabbing jeans. pics shows how i wear all my jeans. they're comfortable loose and hangs at the waist. so what kind of cut are all the Fearless line? are they the same fit as Vaughn?

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I say return and get another pair. I don't think this should be your first pair. :) Well, just my opinion.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
this is not how R&R's are meant to be worn imo :IDK.. but if it's your style and you like the way it looks - then you should keep them.

edit - btw.. fearless is supposed to be one of the slimmest cuts for men by R&R other than Colburgs.

whitefiredragon - what do you like about R&R? people buy "premium" denim for the fit that they provide (in addition to awesome washes especially for the case of R&R). I think if you are more comfortable wearing your jeans that loosely for a pair that's not meant to be worn that way, you'd be better off saving your money and finding another brand of jeans?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
They look a little big to me.. I think the fearless fit is supposed to be a bit more fitted..?

Just noticed your boxers.. pull those mother fuckers up! Or size down, the waist must be too big as it seems they are falling off..?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love fearless cut and back pockets because they are quite subtle and make a good everyday pair

If you like the pair then keep it but the fit on you looks way too big imo. I would size down

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I love the Fearless cut but with the way you wear your jeans the cut is almost irrelevant. The fit and shape of a cut is lost when you wear your jeans really baggy so I don't really see the point in paying more for jeans when you wear them like that.

Keep them if you like them, but honestly I don't really see the point.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Honestly, I'd give you a major thumbs down for the way you treat with R&R. A rockstar doesn't mean to wear his pants low to the waist like what you did. I really can't say it's baggy because you lower the pants down to make it looks baggy. If you are still looking for a pants to wear like a thug, I'd suggest you to shop Macy's where it has so many baggy pants designed by Tommy Hilfiger, Sean Jones, Macko, etc. Or even worst, go check out Targets or Walmart for the right baggy pants.

I really don't think R&R is the right style for you, unless you need a major face lift on your style.

Now you have a choice: Pull your pants up or return it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so i'm a huge n00b lol :smack, that's why i had to ask for opinion on my first pair. so how should R&R be worn? i tried tighter an nordstrom and it just didn't feel as comfortable. i read the other thread regarding "How to determine if the jeans look baggy" and the general answer was very abstract, but the most definitive answer is this:

I personally think some fit pics on here that are deemed a good fit are a bit tight, but thats just me. I am very anti-tight-jeans-on-boys
i guess mine are just a little too far on the baggy side? :eek:

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
ok so i'm a huge n00b lol :smack, that's why i had to ask for opinion on my first pair. so how should R&R be worn? i tried tighter an nordstrom and it just didn't feel as comfortable. i read the other thread regarding "How to determine if the jeans look baggy" and the general answer was very abstract, but the most definitive answer is this:

i guess mine are just a little too far on the baggy side? :eek:
Fearless in Collaboration Blue - Rock and Republic Official Store

^ same pair from the R&R website modeled how they should fit

1 - 20 of 39 Posts