Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A true disgrace. Along with those I found fake Havana Crystals :twitch

There was also a girl right next to me looking through all the 7FAM and I mentioned to her that a lot of the jeans were fake. She asked how I could tell and when I compared the skulls to the others, she clearly knew the difference.

Sad thing was, they were $99. Good thing it's an obvious fake, hope people don't get confused.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah I am curious too as to how so many fakes get mixed in. Fakes were found today at Filenes and NR. It is great that some of these places have really liberal return policies but if the people working there don't know when they are getting scammed with a fake return that is just bad. I would know the difference now but prior to finding you guys I never would even had thought to check the tags for authenticity as you would assume a reputable store only sells onlythe real deal. :shake

·
Banned
442 Posts
I actually like the skulls, weirdly enough. So when I saw them at first I freaked, like omg, they still sell these.
Totally changed my mind when I saw the tags :shake
I like the skulls too. I have a pair and love them.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Totally forgot to say this in my original post.

Of the 2 fakes that I saw in the store, I decided I should write "fake" on the jean tags to warn potential buyers who think they're getting the real deal.

·
Banned
21,191 Posts
^I've done that at secondhand stores before...but be careful bc the salespeople might get really pissy about it. When i did it I took them into the fitting room and wrote FAKE in sharpie on the inside pocket lining. Serves them right, since selling fakes is illegal!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts