Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an item on ebay and the seller sent it through fedex. I HATE fedex because they won't leave it with my neighbor or even leave it if I sign the door tag. Anyway, after the 3rd attempt they apparently hold it at the fedex facility for 2-3 days before shipping it back. I was not able to be home during their delivery hours (geez, what do they expect people who work to do...stay home all day?) and I was not going to be able to pick up the package this week since I don't have a car, don't have a big chunk of time to head over to their holding center which is pretty far from me and plus I'm still working during their business hours! So, I call them and ask them to hold it for a week or try to redeliver on a certain day (when I know I will be home) and the representative I spoke with stated she "wrote a message", left my phone number and will let them know to hold and/or redeliver. Great!!!

NOT! I check today and it looks like it's already been shipped back to the seller. I call again and there was no mention of my message. The new representative states that it's probably already gone and if so they can't do anything about it. If they do have it, they can only hold it for today (which sucks because I can't make it there today either). They WILL NOT REDELIVER.

Words cannot express how much I HATE :mad::mad::mad: Fedex. This is not the only time that this has happened. I have no problems with UPS or USPS...only fedex. Anyway, my question is, am I responsible for shipping costs for redelivery once it gets back to the seller? The seller is a major electronics online ebay store. At this point, I don't even want the item anymore because I'm tired of dealing with the hassle. It is ridiculous that they can't do a simple thing like hold my package. What if someone goes on vacation? And seriously, do most of their customers not work?

:explode:fish

·
Registered
15,014 Posts
ugh I hate fedex too!! I always have to ship items to my job and even with that they mixed up the address once and lost my package the other time!!! :madbeating! Im sorry I dnk if you would have to pay shipping again, I would think no but you never know :IDK so sorry girly!

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responses, ladies. If I could, I would have them ship it to the hospital (where I work), but they only ship to confirmed addresses.

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Thanks for responses, ladies. If I could, I would have them ship it to the hospital (where I work), but they only ship to confirmed addresses.
I believe Paypal just changed Seller Protection Policy to where it covers unconfirmed addresses as well. I could be wrong but I swear I read something about that.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That totally stinks!!

I'm on the flip side of problems. I live in an apartment complex with 50+ apartments and high traffic as it's off a major road. Our FedEx will leave packages on the doorstep where someone can just grab it. I've asked them not to and actually have written a note on my door to not leave packages at the doorstep. :mad:

UPS, on the other hand, has been the bestest...they don't leave any items AND you can call their customer service to either arrange pickup (i think they will hold for 10 days) at their facility or redirect delivery to another address ;score

I would ask to speak with a manager at FedEx...if they have the information on record, they may help you? :IDK Call 1-866-477-7529. A human will answer without going through the automated BS. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts