Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have naturally curly hair and have been straignting it alot now. I just got my hair cut (layers choppy like) and bought the chi. The first time a couple days ago I used it for the first time and it came out beautiful! It was pin staight. Today I did it and its straight but the end are all like dry and flipping out. The end are like really dry again.

Is there any products out there (not irons/tools) that I can use in my hair to make the ends silky/ my whole head. I think thats why I having this problem because I dont use any products before & after I straighten my hair. My stylist said when I got the iron to make sure I use some sort of product.

I gues I am looking for something that works good that I can find anywhere.

<3

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Get hold of a good heat protection spray, such as ghd thermodynamics protection spray! It is an absolute must to use a good quality product like this on your hair before you use straighteners, cos they really do damage to your hair!

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
It's rather hard to find BUT it's called ISH Ionic Rescue.. it's really expensive but you can find it on ebay sometimes. Wash your hair, put this on your head and add heat then either rinse out OR sleep over night with it (Really amazing results from overnight) Your hair will be sooo Incredibly soft. Make sure you find the professional treatment not the one minute!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just about any product labelled for heat protection that is a leave-in with silicones in it (MUST have - they help protect your hair from the heat) will do.

I use Kiehl's Straightening Cream when I'm really gonna have at my hair with the iron plus Tresemme Heat Protecting Spray or Nexxus Protexx (it's basically the same product). I use JUST the sprays when I just blow dry.

A lot of people swear by chi's heat protectant. never used it myself.

Also - try to lay off the flat iron whenever possible. Even with the products you are going to do some damage to your hair and the only thing that helps at that point is removing the damaged parts. Once the hair is damage it cannot be "healed" or fixed - it's dead. :)

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Not a styling product, but since I've been using Terax shampoo my ends are not scraggly anymore.

I've used Miele and Latte, both do a fine job.

·
Registered
694 Posts
L'oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair leave-in works great for me! You can use it on dry hair as well as damp hair. I've had my hair bleached and I blow-dry and flat-iron almost every day (really bad..I know :( ) and it's the first product I've tried in a while that makes my hair feel soft and my ends look healthy and are more manageable!

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
I've read a lot of people talk about the Redken anti sap really working. I haev to try that.

I love all L'oreal Professional Products and yes the absolute repair and intense repair are amazing and sometimes really cheap on ebay!

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
I had super fried hair and it was pretty long, I had to cut like 2 inches off, now it's really healthy. I use CHI products.. never blow dry, except for the winter months, and always use leave ins.

I like Kerastase Resistance line too. It's in the Green bottles. The bain de force is the shampoo and the Anti Usure ciment is the conditioner. It really repairs my hair and I'm platnum blonde. I've dyed it black then back to blonde, brown then back and I still have healthy hair so I'm doing something right.
I find my hair is softer if I don't want it for 3 days (I still shower). And when I take multi vitamins extra biotin, folic acid and also fish oil.

Just what works for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts