Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW YORK -- Katie Holmes was among the tens of thousands of runners participating in Sunday's New York City Marathon, finishing the race in 5 hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds.

Husband Tom Cruise and their daughter, Suri, were at the finish line to congratulate the actress, according to event officials.

Holmes had registered under an alias so she wouldn't draw too much attention to herself, event officials said, but her time was listed in the official results under her real name.

The 26.2-mile course travels through all five boroughs of the city, starting on Staten Island and finishing in Manhattan's Central Park. This year, 39,085 runners started the race.

Paula Radcliffe, of Great Britain, who had a baby just 9 months ago, won the women's race in 2 hours, 23 minutes, 9 seconds. Martin Lel of Kenya won the men's title in 2:09:04.

Holmes has said she has always liked to run, and took it up to help lose baby weight after giving birth to her daughter, who is now a year old.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Great for her, but kinda slow?

·
Registered
763 Posts
sorry, can't knock someone who ran 26.2 miles, that is an accomplishment regardless of the pace.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Good for her :thumbsup

The longest run I do is to the mailbox, when I hear mr postman :rofl

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
She looked great in the picture too! Hey, whatever time someone finishes a marathon- its still an awesome achievement. I used to be an athelete and even when I was in the best shape of my life I don't think I could have even come close to running a marathon. Its more than just running, its seriously a mental and emotional achievement too. Good for you Katie!

(oh and not to mention how I love her even more that she just did this on her own and wasn't selling the "exclusive" rights to her training etc. to a tabloid! Clearly she did this purely for her own goals when she could have easily gotten a crapload of money from sponsors/magazines etc.)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I think she did well considering she didn't train very long for it, I think only a few months...(or so I heard) :D

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Yep, marathons are soo hard. There is a reason I have only done one in my life. I think she did great. Trust me, at the end you just want to crawl to the finish line.
But 3 months of training? Most people train for at least 6-9 months.
Kudos to all marathon finishers:thumbsup

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i saw a story this morning on cnn where a 59 yr old woman with MS finished the race in just under 29 hrs. it was her 20th marathon:eyebug

·
Registered
227 Posts
Any one who runs marathons gets my respect, regardless of finish time. How the heck did she manage to train without the paparazzi all over her?

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
that's awesome. I could finish a marathon in oh, two days or so? after a nap and a good salad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts