Authentic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of an inexpensive mp3 player that would be good for a 5 year old. i am looking to get my gf daughter one for christmas. want to make sure she can take care of it before getting her an ipod. thanks.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Since she's only 5... they make some cute little disney ones.. I'll post a link if I come across one. but in the meantime keep checking Kids.Woot : One Day, You’ll Understand (SM). there's a woot-off today.. which means one item up until it sells out (which is usually every few minutes). Killer prices too. Just keep refreshing and watch the progress bar. I've seen a few pop up over the past day or so. the normal woot.com is worth a look too ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
We got my son a Sandisk Sansa when he was 5. It is pretty inexpensive, is 2 GB, and comes in several colors. He understands how to use it and it seems pretty indestructible too.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input guys. i will look into ur suggestions today.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I agree about the Sansa...it is cheap, durable, and comes in many colors. My daughter has one and I just ordered another on Ebay for only $25 for my niece. Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sansa= agreed. Cheap, durable.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea grabbing a sansa one right now. thanks so much guys and they even have it in her favorite color, pink!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was speaking of the clip, the Fuze I think might be a complicated for her to operate (it isn't hard, but there are a lot of options for a girl that age and it would be easy to choose the wrong thing). It is small...but I don't think she'll lose it :). Just set up a designated place for her to put it if it isn't clipped on her, she'll learn quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts