Authentic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[DIRECTED TO MODERATORS]

Some other style forums have specific threads for wanted items where people post what they're looking for and proxies offer their services.

I can't find anything like that on AF. If it is here, where? If not, can we get one going (perhaps in AF Mall section)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we have wanted threads in SOME section. In the ones there is no, do not post these kind of threads. Use your signature
How am I supposed to use my signature if the purpose of my post is to offer help to those looking for a proxy to get items they want but can't get themselves?

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
That would be a sales thread, which is against the rules anyway.

The point of having members use their signatures for wishlists is to encourage participation. Nobody will ever see you sig if you don't post

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That would be a sales thread, which is against the rules anyway.

The point of having members use their signatures for wishlists is to encourage participation. Nobody will ever see you sig if you don't post
soo....the AFM is against the rules? I'm confused.

i do post, and i'll add that to my sig. other sites have a specific forum for wants (any brand/item) that also invites proxies to fulfill those wants. works out quite nicely....food for thought....

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
Again, many sections HAVE these threads, and if you have those people's specific items, you are welcome to send them a PM. There is no need for posts about obtaining items.

Obviously I did not mean the mall. I meant threads and posts OUTSIDE of the mall are not to be for the purpose of soliciting sales of any kind

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Again, many sections HAVE these threads, and if you have those people's specific items, you are welcome to send them a PM. There is no need for posts about obtaining items.

Obviously I did not mean the mall. I meant threads and posts OUTSIDE of the mall are not to be for the purpose of soliciting sales of any kind
Duly noted. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Also just to add you need to have the items in stock in order to sell them. Proxying them would not be something you could do in a mall listing since the items are not in stock. Your best bet pick up items you think you can sell and list them in the mall.

IMO proxying is just a pain in the ass and sooner or later you will end up with some issues buyer who doesn't pay, chargebacks, lost items not delivered, buyer upset because item is not in stock etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also just to add you need to have the items in stock in order to sell them. Proxying them would not be something you could do in a mall listing since the items are not in stock. Your best bet pick up items you think you can sell and list them in the mall.

IMO proxying is just a pain in the ass and sooner or later you will end up with some issues buyer who doesn't pay, chargebacks, lost items not delivered, buyer upset because item is not in stock etc.
I'm not looking to become a jean baron with my sweet cyber-storefront, I travel often between Boston and NYC and pick up things for myself at many of the same places other people want stuff but can't get to themselves. Been doin it for a minute, just not via this forum, really not that big of a deal w/ upfront payment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts