Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now I'm on a mission to find my boyfriend a pair!

How do the Flynt's fit? I know they are a straighter leg, which is what my bf prefers, but how are they in the butt/crotch? He is probably a 32-33 waist but wears 34s. How big do you think I should go to give him a baggier fit? I had him try a 34 Sig and you could see WAY too much...if you catch my drift. He won't let me spend money on him so getting him to try them on in a store is not an option. :roll

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Flynts are supposed to be a slim bootcut. (However, IMO the bootcut is so subtle, Flynts might as well have been straight legs.) They are one of the slimmer fitting cuts though ... if you're looking for a straight leg that is a little more relaxed ... I'd check out Relaxed. ;)

P.S., re: the size, just shop with measurements. Measure a pair of jeans that you like on him while he's sleeping, and use those numbers. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at the Relaxed and they're still too "fluffy" for his taste. I LOVE your idea about spying on his jeans while he's sleeping! :rofl I'll figure something out! I WILL get him out of those second-hand Levi's!!!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
^ What does "fluffy" mean?

I actually tried my Relaxed on again after I made that post, and they still fit pretty tight in the ass (I knew I kept them for a reason). They are stretch though.

If he likes a straight leg, it's going to be Relaxed (more roomy) is The Standard (actually fits). The rest of the cuts either bootcut or taper IMO. ALL of the newer cuts from this year taper. Nuts. SFAM wants to cash in on the skinny jean craze.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He says "fluffy". I think it's a good way to describe a pair of jeans that fit in the waist and butt/crotch then puff out to make your legs look bigger. He wants them to be loose in the crotch so you can't see his religion from across the room and hang straight down. He doesn't want his shoes to be covered. Hey! I have an example!! http://www.btc.ctc.edu/Courses/Admissions/Yearly Catalogs/Catalog.pdf page 79, top picture. The guy in the hat with the backpack is my boyfriend. These are his FAVORITE jeans.

If anyone has ANY suggestions, even another brand, PLEASE help!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Uh ... yeah. That'd be Relaxed IMO. In my opinion even Relaxed fits in the ass and crotch, but it's more relaxed throughout the rest of the jean. If he sized up on Relaxed, then he would be swimming in them ...... :(

For what your bf wants, I think TR may be your best bet?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
my bf is just like u, could wear a size 32-33, wants them baggy so he gets 34 (sometimes even 36) and wears em with a belt (after I hem them of course..... lol)

im pretty sure his flynts are size 34, and they look perfect. i dont like super tight jeans on guys, but these seem to fit right..

will see if i can find a pic later tonight (im in lecture on af. again. ) :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Julia!! Any help for my boyfriend would be great. He's so particular and won't voice his true concerns. It was pulling teeth to find out why he didn't like the Bootcuts I bought for him. I posted a link in a prior post of him in his faves to kinda show what he wants.

Thanks to everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts