Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
674 Posts
Both are counterfeits.

Here is what is wrong with the papillon in the auction -

the first thing that you will see as a fairly common incorrect aspect is that the handles are too long. A 26 has short handles, they will never doop over the bag like that.

the next thing - I wanted to be quick so I took one photo of my daughter's 26 so you could see the difference

see the end piece - the pap has a flat piece - not pillowy like the auction.

and I copied this photo from the auction to show you where the pattern is incorrect:

You should be able to see the entire center of the flower.

I'm sorry I didn't have time to take more pics & upload them I wanted to post before the auction ended but I see I missed that - if you won don't pay.

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ thank you so much for going through all this trouble and uploading pix and explanations for comparison. You are amazing. I greatly appreciate it as I don't know a thing about LVs but my daughter really wants one and I don't want to spend too much money on one. Thankfully I did not bid on the bag.

· Registered
674 Posts
:love thanks.

I really appreciate all the help I get in the jeans from all you guys!

Silke I think you should be able to get a decent Pap 26 for around 300 for one with a nice even patina & not too much hand crud on the handles, maybe 3-4 years old.

the thing about finding a used 26 is that since it is totally handheld, you have to be careful about how dark the handles are.

Good luck in your search!

Gabrielle

ETA- Princess Eab - I love your ginger cat! He looks like my Sam-Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.