Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend's father has been standing outside a local grocery store all day today (and possibly tomorrow) giving out $20 bills to passersby. He wishes to remain anonymous so I will leave his name out, but his goal is to give out $3000 in the next couple of days. My friend didn't even tell me, until I went to the grocery store today, and lo and behold - there's her dad! Awww...I love this family and am so blessed to have them in my life. I searched it and there aren't any articles about it yet, but I would imagine that by tomorrow, there will be.

I think it's amazing. And I'm glad there are people like this in the world.

I hope you all have a very happy and safe Holiday Season.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, can you imagine what that $20 can do for people who are REALLY in need? $20 to someone who is scraping pennies through the holidays must feel so wonderful. I just honestly can't believe it. Everytime I think about how these people must feel so grateful it makes me so emotional! I mean, I'm sure there are some who just take it and don't even need it...but for those who really do....this must make their week.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
That is really awesome! You're right, $20 is huge when you're really broke! That's very sweet of him :)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
how does he know who needs money and who doesn't? not trying to be an ass and very few people even give anything but there are much more smarter and effective, although less public, ways to distribute money to those in need.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I think thats great!! :D And around this time of year I dont know who isn't scraping for pennies. Whats cool about what he is doing is he actually gets to give the money directly to the people. Not that giving to charity is wrong but its hard to find one that is completely non profit.. I think getting involved and volunteering or helping people in anyway makes an individual a great person!! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
That is awesome! I always thought if I won the lottery or made a lot of money I'd give back and make sure my community had everything it needed for the holidays.

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
he sounds mentally challenged. does he want my address?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
how does he know who needs money and who doesn't? not trying to be an ass and very few people even give anything but there are much more smarter and effective, although less public, ways to distribute money to those in need.
It is his money and he can do whatever he wants to with it. Why you gotta rain on his parade? "Hey thanks for being nice but you are doing it all wrong. You have to be nice like this."

What a nice thing to do! :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
A food bank might have been a better location to do that in but it certainly will brighten many people's days!

I was at the Starbucks drive thru earlier this week and the person ahead of me prepaid my drink. I don't know why she did it but it put a smile on my face! Maybe it's part of a pay it forward movement! :)

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
A food bank might have been a better location to do that in but it certainly will brighten many people's days!

I was at the Starbucks drive thru earlier this week and the person ahead of me prepaid my drink. I don't know why she did it but it put a smile on my face! Maybe it's part of a pay it forward movement! :)
pay it forward movements = you fucking die. see, e.g., that terrible movie

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
It is his money and he can do whatever he wants to with it. Why you gotta rain on his parade? "Hey thanks for being nice but you are doing it all wrong. You have to be nice like this."

What a nice thing to do! :D
Are you really that naive that you don't think discussion about how to improve charitable efforts is acceptable

by your lacking logic... it's my post and i can do what i want with it. why you gotta ruin my parade. "hey thanks for trying to make a suggestion, but you are doing it all wrong. you have to make suggestions like this."

·
Registered
381 Posts
he sounds mentally challenged. does he want my address?
what's his occupation that allows him to hand out $3000? lol maybe he's laundering money!

·
Registered
408 Posts
People in my town were giving out 100$ at the food pantry. Your friend's dad is so sweet. If I had the money I would do something like this I can't even imagine the joy it would bring to your own heart.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts