Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was washed all my jeans the other day, and I stupidly mixed my r&rs with black jeans. After they were dry, I found out that the black dye stained some of my jeans ! Most of them are okay, and just a few stains are just on the inside, but my Uranium Roths took the brunt of it, and are so badly stained from the dye that you can even see them on the outside :shake And sadly it's around the butt too, haha.

It's not super black, but just dark enough that you can tell. I'll put up pictures tonight when I get home. Does anyone know what to do in a situation like this, or if there's any way to fix it? :(

·
Registered
705 Posts
I havn't had this exact situation happen, however soaking items in Oxi clean for an hour or two prior to washing them has been a life saver for several stains for me. Just make sure you don't leave them in for several hours and always wash them right away after (I've had colorfastness issues before when I have left something for a day without getting them in the wash after).

My only other suggestion would be (only if they are small spot treatable size stains) is to maybe try rubbing alcohol. It works on ink stains and I wonder if it might help?

Goodluck.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I havn't had this exact situation happen, however soaking items in Oxi clean for an hour or two prior to washing them has been a life saver for several stains for me. Just make sure you don't leave them in for several hours and always wash them right away after (I've had colorfastness issues before when I have left something for a day without getting them in the wash after).

My only other suggestion would be (only if they are small spot treatable size stains) is to maybe try rubbing alcohol. It works on ink stains and I wonder if it might help?

Goodluck.
Alcohol works on ink stains? didn't know that.. I wish we had some alcohol in our house right now.. but for another cause :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Alcohol works on ink stains? didn't know that.. I wish we had some alcohol in our house right now.. but for another cause :D
Just to be clear I meant "rubbing alcohol" stuff to be used to clean wounds and what not....not your expensive bottle of grey goose :jumping

·
Registered
4 Posts
So sad for your other jeans as your black one almost going to ruin the other ones somehow they managed and survived. See whenever we go out to shop jeans for men we never think about this because while buying new cloth no one thinks about their washing. There are only two ways to stay away from it either you buy a new one each time which is next to impossible or you have to separate wash them so that it black is leaking the color so it will not damage the lighter ones, you can wash the lighter colors separately and darker colors separately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts