Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a dressier jacket, that has some length in some sort of knit, and I've been searching. I don't want to spend too much because I'm still losing weight, so it probably won't fit next year.

I found these at Revolve, but they're $400 and up. Any website suggestions or coats you've seen like these?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I got a cute one @ Macy's last year, the brand was American Rag, similar style to the second picture you posted, I'm sure they would have something similar this year.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I got a really cute plaid pea coat from AE last year, when I looked on the site recently, they have a couple different styles, one belted, one not....but solid colors, no plaids.

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
preferably not from macy's and definitely not from ae

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
you can try Forever21, my friend has a really cute peacoat that fits well, relatively cheap too :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Have you tried one of the discount stores? I've found some nice peacoats at Winners before.

PS. I know you said website, but it'd be good if you could try it on in person, right? :)

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Victoria's Secret online and in the catalog have some cute ones right now. I really have more than enough coats, but I'm dying for one particular one they have right now.

Oh, and if you do buy from there, take note that they run BIG.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Stephanie, I think you are better off avoiding double-breasted jackets. A single breasted jacket will give you a cleaner silhouette.

I do not like either of those jackets for you.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I bought two wool coats from Nordy's online last year when they had a coat sale, I really like both....I'll try to find you something online in a sec :magwink

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
Stephanie, I think you are better off avoiding double-breasted jackets. A single breasted jacket will give you a cleaner silhouette.

Steph, since we are the same size, I have to agree with Rob, I also avoid double breasted jackets. I tend to go for the longer jackets, they look dressier and make you look taller :magwink

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steph, since we are the same size, I have to agree with Rob, I also avoid double breasted jackets. I tend to go for the longer jackets, they look dressier and make you look taller :magwink
I guess I wasn't really thinking in terms of wanting double breasted...I dunno, usually I just wear hoodies so I'm lost when trying to find an actual jacket.

But I did look at the nordies website, and I like this tweed one...I might go see if they have it in stores.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts

Agree. Single-breasted would flatter you more.

I guess I wasn't really thinking in terms of wanting double breasted...I dunno, usually I just wear hoodies so I'm lost when trying to find an actual jacket.

But I did look at the nordies website, and I like this tweed one...I might go see if they have it in stores.

The cut of this one would look great on you :thumbsup

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
I like the single breasted one but I would personally look for a shorter cut than that one because the longer your coat is, the shorter you look. It's time for coats again, yay, I love fall/winter!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts