Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some SFAMs nearly a month ago on eBay and paid the same day. The seller, who lives the next city over from me, printed out a shipping label through PayPal the next day. The status still reads:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on September 10, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
...which leads me to believe that she did not actually ship the item. I've messaged her twice with no response. I filed a dispute the day before yesterday and immediately escalated to a claim.

Claim details read:
Status
Information provided by the shipping company shows that the item is still in transit. Once the package is delivered, we will review this case and make a decision.

What happens next
If you've resolved this problem, you can cancel this claim anytime.
"Once the package is delivered," they'll review the case? Meaning, not a second sooner? Even if I filed the claim because the package will likely never be delivered? I'm puzzled...

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't remember what options I selected, but they were the same as the other claims I've filed. But no matter, she just shipped them yesterday, using the same label that was printed out a month ago... :twitch

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Hopefully she sent it...I would still leave a neg.

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
My Mom bought an item on ebay one time and never received it although the tracking info had shown a label printed. She won her claim. The package never showed up. We think the Seller forgot to actually take it to the Post Office or something even though she swore that she sent it. The lady had drained her Paypal account so although my Mom won the claim, she didn't get her money back for almost 6 months.

·
Registered
509 Posts
90% of the auctions I win say that same message even after the item is delivered. I don't think that it means anything other than USPS is not updating their tracking.

I filed a dispute earlier this year and paypal gave me the same message. I never ended receiving the item even though THEIR status was eventually changed to item delivered (mine always said the original "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper...") They eventually ruled in my favour because even though the package said delivered, they did not have my signature. I think you'll be fine because obviously if you don't have the package, you haven't signed for it.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^That's because you live in Canada. All of the packages I order domestically show frequent updates to the tracking (and I order a LOT of packages). I can think of perhaps one package I've ordered that didn't update its tracking. When I order from Canada, though, sometimes the tracking stays the same until my package is delivered...usually when shipped via Expedited Parcel, I think?

She definitely didn't ship until yesterday (she FINALLY responded to one of my messages yesterday as well, claiming: 'Yes, of course it's been shipped!' because her auction states that she ships "same day"). The package was just processed for the first time in her city late last night. I had a feeling she was a bit shady before buying from her, but I felt like I HAD to have the jeans, of course :eek: Her poor command of the English language in her listings (I guarantee that English is the only language she knows) and the negs she's received kinda tipped me off, but I went for them anyway.

*sigh* At least she shipped them finally, hope they are in good condition when I get them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts