Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I won a pair of R&R's on ebay that were damaged by an ink filled security tag. Does anyone know how to get that crap off? I did a google search and I'll that I'm getting back is how to remove an ink security tag.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind gang. I did a google search on these types of security tags and I guess that stuff is permanent ink. The auction shows the damage far enough down on the leg that they'll have to join the ranks of my "boot tuck" jeans. Oooooooohh well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Try Carbona Stain Devils for ink stains, I used it and it works incredibly well. Accidentally washed and dried a pen in my laundry and all of the ink came out. They make bottles for every different type of stain (blood, ink, grass), so buy the one for ink and try it out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try Carbona Stain Devils for ink stains, I used it and it works incredibly well. Accidentally washed and dried a pen in my laundry and all of the ink came out. They make bottles for every different type of stain (blood, ink, grass), so buy the one for ink and try it out.

I'll try that! Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it black ink? If it's a blue shade it may wash out a bit. It could look like distressing!! lol... ok I'm just trying to be positive!
Not sure if it's black or blue ink til I see them in person. In the auction pictures, it looks like blue. Once I get them, I'll have to get the hole fixed from where the person must have tried to take the tag off. It's just a small rip near the outside seam. Then I'll try to figure out what to do about the ink spot. Looks like this seller buys up all these damaged things from department stores. Not all are ink tag damage. Some nice TR's he had were just missing buttons or broken zippers so the stuff is pretty cheap so long as you can get these things fixed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like the item was stolen..
No....I think it's more like they buy from the department stores all the damaged merchandise. All his auctions (namebrandoutlet4320) are pulled threads, missing rivets, make-up stained, etc, etc. This was probably a recovered item from loss prevention. He had a beautiful pair of TR Disco Bobby's on auction and all it was missing was a Rhinestone button. Alot of that kind of stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts