Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darn you Josh! :)

I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to read my initial post, probably some (or all) of the replies, reflect upon their own experiences, and offer consolation and/or advice. It really means a lot to me.

All things considered, I think I will try to talk to him and try to implement small incremental changes, things like writing up a schedule for his college apps and making a budget, etc. But for the most part, I know he is a sort of.. learn on his own kind of guy, and if he truly believes he will wake up one day and just be financially independent, well there's not too much I can do about that.

When he does have to move out and be on his own, IF he continues his dependent attitude.. I do plan on leaving his ass. Until then, however, I do love him and we are in most respects very compatible.. so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Again, thank you everyone. :love:love:love

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
^^That's great. That sounds like a plan. Seriously, think about what YOU want and go with it. If you stay with him and if he continues on this path, YOU will have to pick up the slack when she's not there or he will expect you to. It will lead to problems. . .no doubt about it.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts

I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to read my initial post, probably some (or all) of the replies, reflect upon their own experiences, and offer consolation and/or advice. It really means a lot to me.

All things considered, I think I will try to talk to him and try to implement small incremental changes, things like writing up a schedule for his college apps and making a budget, etc. But for the most part, I know he is a sort of.. learn on his own kind of guy, and if he truly believes he will wake up one day and just be financially independent, well there's not too much I can do about that.

When he does have to move out and be on his own, IF he continues his dependent attitude.. I do plan on leaving his ass. Until then, however, I do love him and we are in most respects very compatible.. so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Christina,
I still think he is too good for you. That's just the father in me talking. You know what they say, behind every good man is a strong woman with a strong whip. Be one with the whip. :magwink

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I just read the thread:D

Hope you work things out. With persistance, you can help him drive his life somewhere.:D But also, set a limit and know when enough is enough.

Goodluck:love

You're both still young...there are tons of things to you guys are yet to learn. Don't let this thing suck you out of everything.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Best of luck Christina, I hope it all works out for you. I hard to walk away when there are strong feelings invovled so for your sake I hope he gets it together!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Good luck Christina!

You are a smart girl so I know you will make the right choices in your life.

And remember that everyone here on the AF is available if you need to talk!

:woohoo:woohoo

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
Christina,

You are smart and I know you will do the right thing! Maybe you guys met so you could guide your BF and help him be successful. There is nothing wrong with helping someone out!

I want to apologize for the way the other thread turned out. I think we have all learned a lesson--IGNORE THE NEGATIVES and they will go away! That is my new mission!

Anyway, best of luck to you and your BF!! Be patient and things will work out!!

:love Liz

·
Registered
5,632 Posts

I'm glad that you are willing to take other people's experienced perspectives into account! That being said, remember what you promise yourself and stick with it! :)

Good luck!!!

edit: i just read thru the ends of that thread, i'm so sorry that people are so mean! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts