Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have Verizon, but their data plans are way too expensive for me(for 450 minutes and messaging is $99.99 a month :bigeyes). I'm on a family plan, so I don't pay anything for it. I've discovered that T-mobile does data only plans, and you get unlimited internet time and so forth for $39.99, and can add text/pix messages for $4.99 - so I'm gonna have two phones: one for talking and one for browsing AF at work :excited I've narrowed it down to 3:

Shadow in Copper:

Sidekick Slide:

And the Wing:

Here's the comparison on their features: Compare selected cell phones

I think the Wing is my favorite, but of course, the most expensive. And the Sidekick concerns me because in the comparison it says it does not have internet, but if you look at the details it says you can browse the web on it :confused: Does anyone have a Sidekick that can fill me in on them?(of course, this particular model just became available today, so it may be different). And then also, the Shadow and Wing both have Windows on them, which is a huge plus for me since I can do work on it too, but the Sidekick does not.

Ahhhhh, I'm so overwhelmed by this decision :twitch

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
iPhone. unlock it if you have to get T-Crap.

Out of those 3, Wing.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I'm in the market for a smart phone too... but I don't think any of those 3 are available in Australia :( We have Sidekick but not that model. I was looking at the Blackberry Curve but I'm not entirely sold on it.
I like the look of the Sidekick and the Wing.... according to your needs I'd say go with the Wing.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Sidekick

I used to have the Sidekick II (I think) but it has been about a year and a half ago. (I assume they've upgraded it and made it even better now).

Even though it was kind of bulky, I really liked mine. I used to surf the web with it all the time. There were some websites I couldn't access but I felt like I had pretty good access and I used to be able to shop for things, pay some bills online, etc. I'm pretty sure I accessed eBay just fine. I also like that it had its own e-mail account (right on the phone)! Plus, like I said, that was over a year ago so I'm sure it's improved even more!

Good luck!!
:D

·
Registered
675 Posts
My dd has the sprint version of the Wing - the Mogul, both are made by HTC.

She loves it BUT it is far & away a better texting & multimedia device than a phone. If your primary communication is texting it is for you. If your primary communication is talking on the phone - it's not as good as a more traditional phone. While web page access has a lot to do with the service provider we are very happy with the graphics & fast loading of the web sites.

If you get it, I strongly encourage you to buy a service protection plan - dd is on her 3rd phone this year. And be sure you back up any data onto your computer regularly because when the screen has a seizure & craps out - you cannot open any data to transfer to the replacement phone - it's gone.

have fun choosing!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I have the MotoQ on Verizon with that very same $99/month voice and data plan. Totally blows. I feel like I'm getting robbed every month when my bill comes.

·
Registered
8,528 Posts
I have the MotoQ on Verizon with that very same $99/month voice and data plan. Totally blows. I feel like I'm getting robbed every month when my bill comes.
I have the same phone with the same plan. It is $$$ but I am now hooked to having the internet everywhere I go.

·
Registered
492 Posts
How do you like the Q?

Out of the three posted above, I would go with the Wing. We had the Sidekick 2 and could browse the web on them, I don't know why T-Mobile is saying it won't browse the internet.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I want a Smart Phone next year, but I have Verizon and I'm on my family plan too...so I'm just going to get something like the enV and wait until I get a real job (or my boyfriend gets an engineering job) to get a Smart Phone. I want a phone with a full keyboard.

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
Wing

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
sidekick or unlocked iphone...i am having this same problem choosing!

the sidekick is about $350 anyways, though if i get sick of it i could sell it for a good price.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
I have AT&T and my cell phone bill is around $70 for 450 minutes and unlimited internet. I have the Blackberry Pearl and I love it. The numbers are a bit small, though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts