Authentic Jeans Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Do you skip sunscreen altogether? What kind of BC/moisturizer/makeup do you use? Do you see where I'm going with this? I want to copy your "less is more" routine :rofl :ashamed
DON'T stop using sunscreen! That's the worst thing you can do for your skin and health!

It's trial and error, but I finally found 3 (cheap, medium priced, and expensive) that work for my skin. I think everyone's is different-- I need physical blocks. Don't give up! :headspin

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
justchar, I'm soo sorry for hijacking your thread, I hope you don't mind!

alright well we have:

my olay sensitive moisture therapy lotion
dior diorskin fluide fond de teint osmose naturel optimal skin-true makeup
dior diorskin poudre libre loose powder

note: the makeup has a REALLY strong powdery smell. I've gotten used to it, but if you buy that stuff, it's very noticeable. But I love it! I'm ultra-pale skinned so I have the lightest shade, and then the powder is perfect for me because it's transparent light (that's the shade) and it's really clear. That's good for me because sometimes if my makeup is still dewy on my skin my powder would stick to it and make my face look dark and splotchy and weird. So I loove my new powder. :love
Thanks MK! Have fun/good luck with your show tomorrow :D (If you'll be performing, I guess I should say "break a leg" instead :magwink)

DON'T stop using sunscreen! That's the worst thing you can do for your skin and health!

It's trial and error, but I finally found 3 (cheap, medium priced, and expensive) that work for my skin. I think everyone's is different-- I need physical blocks. Don't give up! :headspin
ITA! That's why I'm still trying to find the magic combination even though that's driving me (and my skin!) crazy :headspin BTW, I've been reading a lot of your reviews on MakeupAlley - very helpful, I must say, so thanks :D I'm waiting for the crazy expensive DHC White S/S to come in the mail. I like the Origins but the PPD is too low like the Bliss. I want to try Eucerin SPF30 but the chemical s/s ingredients scare me.

·
Denim Goddess
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That can very well be, that the Taz was causing all the mess for you.
Keep in mind though that the glycolic peels don't help to make your skin look better in the future, they just do so now. A 10% AHA used daily has been shown to have some effect on collagen production, not the peels though.
I'd think about retinoids again in some time. Maybe retinaldehyde then (Retrinal, or Eluage).
I want to use a retinaldehyde but maybe I'll go to the Derm to see what they recommend. I think I have some 10% laying around somewhere :)

So how does GA make your skin look worse in the future?

I don't mind gatorfan, sometimes the skincare topics jump around a lot :)

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I want to use a retinaldehyde but maybe I'll go to the Derm to see what they recommend. I think I have some 10% laying around somewhere :)

So how does GA make your skin look worse in the future?

I don't mind gatorfan, sometimes the skincare topics jump around a lot :)
It doesn't, it just doesn't makes your skin nicer later on, as a retinoid does! :D

Oh yes, if you have a great derm, definitely go. :headspin

·
Registered
3 Posts
JustChar - what's your skin type? combo?
Okay, I like the Jojoba soooo much, I stopped using the Taz but every couple of days :eyebug It seemed like the Taz was working, but drying me out so much my skin wouldn't exfoliate and it would just get clogged up. Anyway, much better now. What the heck is in Jojoba anyway? I have no black heads and if I get one they just rubs off. I haven't had any new zits and my skin looks healthy :) I use it to remove my make-up, then sometimes I wash it off and then reapply it as a moisturizer.

I also used it on my son's facial skin rash and it helped alot.

Jojoba Oil:
The structure of jojoba oil closely resembles that of your own skin sebum, and because of this it has a natural affinity to the skin, and is readily absorbed without making the skin feel greasy or tacky nor does it clog the pores and helps to balance the production of sebum - your skin's own lubricating medium. A typical chemical analysis of jojoba oil includes palmitic, palmitoleic, stearic, oleic, linoleic, linolenic, and arachidic, eicosenoic, behenic, and erucic and lignoceric fatty acids. It contains myristic acid which also has an anti-inflammatory action. Jojoba oil has the ability to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, promoting skin suppleness while assisting with the rejuvenation of the skin and forms a non-greasy, non-tacky layer with exceptional trans-epidermal water control.

Jojoba oil is well tolerated by people with skin problems and does not aggravate acne, and also helps to break down sebum in plugged-up pores.
I'm recommended the best one in my opinion jojobo oil cream for skin, i'm using after a 3 months. But i still love to know your opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Top 5 Jojoba Oil For Fingernails 2021

Finger Nails are an important part of the human body. And no one can deny its importance. Healthy nails reflect a healthy human body, i.e. if the nails are shiny, smooth, and uniform it means you are healthy. So how best jojoba for nails oil works on fingernails, will discuss in the next paragraph.Because of this, jojoba oil really penetrates through your fingernails, absorbs deeply.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts