Authentic Jeans Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Denim Goddess
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Heck if I know anymore :jumping

I used to think it was oily, but now I think it is combination. I think I've got the classic oily t-zone and dry/normal other areas. Since I've been using the Taz though my skin is sensitive and dry.

I get blackhead on my nose, I have larger pores on my cheeks, I tend to break out on my jawline and chin. I rarely ever get a zit above my cheek bones. I scar easily too :(

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ Wow, I just bought six bottles of essential oils. Their prices are about a-third less than Whole Foods, and the bottles turned out to be twice the size!

Seriously, I'm going to go back there and order some bath gel for my kids by the gallon. :jumping

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have this problem too :cry And I've been using an oil-based cleanser (Shiseido mineral and DHC olive), no idea if that has anything to do with it. I want to try Jojoba + gentle cleanser but I'm scared :shake I think I want to stay away from oil for a while. Ahh but then what will I use to wash off sunscreen?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Maybe you're not removing the jojoba oil well enought?

I used Desert Essence Tea Tree Cleanser to wash my face after removing my mmu w/jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. I did this all summer and had very few blackheads or bumps. This was my regimen:

Remove makeup w/oil and cotton pads
Wash with Desert Essence Cleanser
PC 2%BHA liquid
Mama Lotion every 2-3 nights
Boscia Renewing Night Cream

I stopped using the oil for a while (b/c it would get into my eyes, and I was trying to streamline my routine) and switched to Boscia creamy cleanser... then all the blackheads on my nose came back and the cheek bumps, too.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
^ Thanks for sharing your routine :) Do you find the jojoba oil removes makeup/sunscreen better? Is that why you pre-clean with jojoba and then follow with Dessert Essence oil instead of using Dessert Essence by itself?

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
I guess I'm crazy but I stopped using all kinds of facial care and my face is almost perfect now. lol. I bought all these rec'd products to try and fix my face and now I take BC, and just wash my face in the morning and at night and dab on my some moustirizer pre-makeup if I need to. I guess for me, less is more!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
^ Wow, that's awesome, I'm happy for you MK :D Ya know, my bf said the same thing, he said why don't you stop using all these products! I think my face is a mess now b/c I started to use sunscreen daily and then I had to add more products that seem to work well for others but not me :cry It's like an endless cycle!
Sunscreen + oil-based cleanser -> break out -> BHA -> dryness -> moisturizer -> break out

Do you skip sunscreen altogether? What kind of BC/moisturizer/makeup do you use? Do you see where I'm going with this? I want to copy your "less is more" routine :rofl :ashamed

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ Thanks for sharing your routine :) Do you find the jojoba oil removes makeup/sunscreen better? Is that why you pre-clean with jojoba and then follow with Dessert Essence oil instead of using Dessert Essence by itself?
Yup. Kinda TMI, but if I look closely at my nose while I'm rubbing the oil (now I'm mainly using almond or rice bran, they seem to stay on the surface longer than jojoba) I can see the little clogs wiggling in their pores!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
^ Haha, that's funny :jumping I went out and got the cleanser today. Still looking for oil, I couldn't find the organic version of Desert Essence Jojoba (not sure if that matters..).

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
^did you get my pm? or did it disappear into the abyss lol?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
^ Yep :) Apparently you didn't get my response... I wanted to know which "problem skin friendly" Dior product you're using.

·
Denim Goddess
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I bought a cheaper Jojoba that is organic as well: https://www.jojobacompany.com/SHOPPING FILES/shoppingframeset.asp I don't feel or smell any difference betweent the two.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I am purging a bit on my forehead. I typically use the jojoba to remove my eye make-up, aftger I wash with Dr. Bonner's Baby Mild Soap, and then put apply Hyaluronic Acid Serum with a bit more Jojoba.

I've totally stopped using the Taz...I really think it was causing cysts and clogging my pores. I also find that the simplier the products the better my skin looks. I'm back on Glycolic Peels again. I remember that they helped exfoliate my skin and keep the blackheads at bay, plus my skin just had a glow when I used it.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I've totally stopped using the Taz...I really think it was causing cysts and clogging my pores. I also find that the simplier the products the better my skin looks. I'm back on Glycolic Peels again. I remember that they helped exfoliate my skin and keep the blackheads at bay, plus my skin just had a glow when I used it.
That can very well be, that the Taz was causing all the mess for you.
Keep in mind though that the glycolic peels don't help to make your skin look better in the future, they just do so now. A 10% AHA used daily has been shown to have some effect on collagen production, not the peels though.
I'd think about retinoids again in some time. Maybe retinaldehyde then (Retrinal, or Eluage).

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
^ Yep :) Apparently you didn't get my response... I wanted to know which "problem skin friendly" Dior product you're using.

that one must have gotten lost in the abyss!! let me go check my makeup bag, lol, i just packed it up for my show tomorrow!

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
alright well we have:

my olay sensitive moisture therapy lotion
dior diorskin fluide fond de teint osmose naturel optimal skin-true makeup
dior diorskin poudre libre loose powder

note: the makeup has a REALLY strong powdery smell. I've gotten used to it, but if you buy that stuff, it's very noticeable. But I love it! I'm ultra-pale skinned so I have the lightest shade, and then the powder is perfect for me because it's transparent light (that's the shade) and it's really clear. That's good for me because sometimes if my makeup is still dewy on my skin my powder would stick to it and make my face look dark and splotchy and weird. So I loove my new powder. :love

21 - 40 of 48 Posts