Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to see a doctor first thing in the AM, but I know there are some of you in the medical field here who might help. I;m having really bad chest pains all day today. But they're not regular chest pains; more like soreness you get after a work-out. It's been on/off all day today, but now that I tried to lay in bed, I can't move without a serious wave of pain. Feels like my sternum has been dislocated, if that's even possible. What could it be? What can I do to alleviate some pain so I can lay down normally and go to sleep. I'm sitting in a weird and really uncomfortable position.

TIA

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Oh no! Pulled muscle? :( I would take 2 tylenol and prop a few pillows. Hope you get better fast.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
it depends where exactly the pain is, but you probably pulled an intercostal muscle (90% sure), which can be fairly painful. you can try taking an anti-inflammatory like aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen. if you see a doctor, he will be able to see where the pain is and tell you exactly what happened.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
generally if you pull a muscle, the pain wont get bad until the next day.

i'm not sure why you would have pain in your shoulders and neck. does it hurt for you to twist at your waist or cough?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
ok then you probably pulled an intercostal and the pain is bad enough that it is radiating to your shoulders. an anti-inflammatory would be ideal, but for now you can also take the tylenol-cold to help with the pain. if it is the nightime formulation and has an antihistamine, that's good too because it will help you sleep.

lol what were you doing yesterday?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
you may have twisted or something the wrong way. probably still a good idea to see a doctor in the if the pain is the same in the morning.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
I hope you feel better soon :flowers

·
Registered
36,827 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far I've been ok all day today, unless I had to put pressure on that area. For some reason it's bad in the morning and at night :IDK

I remember now that last week when I left work, i didn't put on a scarf and didn't zip up my coat and it was really cold and windy. Also had a low-cut top on. That probably was the trigger.

Thanks for the love, guys :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts