Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so before i knew about the lovely ppl here at af, i bought some fake jeans on ebay :shake:shake

i hoped that paypal would help me get my money back, but they said that even for my unbiased third party evidence, a letter from a mod here wasn't enough :shake:shake

they told me that today, and said i have 3 days to get new evidence, and they won't extend the deadline :shake:shake

i don't know what to do :confused::confused:

so i called my credit card and disputed both the charges
they're sending me a form i have to fill out, and then i find out in 30 days

weak. :shake:shake

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
It seems to me that it is best to file as item not as described than to claim an item is a fake. Fucking paypal sucks and they really should accept letters from mods on this site.:shake

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me with PayPal. I actually called them and voiced my humble opinion about them NOT accepting letters from the mods. They tried to tell me that it was because they hadn't "physically" seen the items. I replied that they were so obviously fake that it didn't require for them to be "physically" seen. In fact, a jacket I purchased (FAKE R&R) was never even actually produced by R&R. Gee, if R&R NEVER even actually made the jacket, uhhhhh.....does it take a genius to figure out that it's probably FAKE!!! Then, I spent about 10 mins telling them that they would NEVER find better people to authenticate these items than right here at AF!!! :D

Thank god for the awesome experts here!! :bowndown NO MORE FAKES now!! (And I'm pretty embarrased about just how bad some of the fakes were, that I actually purchased)!! :ashamed :hide

Oh, almost forgot to mention......when I spoke w/PayPal, they did say that if I went beyond the deadline to get a "new" third-party unbiased letter, that I could still submit it and they can re-open the case. If you can, try to still get one and you may still have a claim. GOOD LUCK!! I completely feel your frustration!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I would just stick with filing the CC chargeback if you have already initiated it. You did your part and that is to file with PP first. Even if it takes 30 days, at least you will get your $$ back. Maybe this sort of stuff will wake PP up. Doubtful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts