Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, today I ran a 1/2 marathon-13.1 miles. I really have not run as much as I have in the past, but I did my personal best by almost 5 minutes.;scoreMy average mile was 8:06:D So, my final time was 1:46:11:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo

I dropped to 109 pounds though from 114, which is too low for me. I hope it was just water weight.

I always dedicate a race to someone and since the race was near my Grandparent's house, I ran it for my Grandma who passed 3 years ago. I cried so hard at the end because I knew she would have been there to watch me. After the race I went to visit my Grandpa and he said, "Your Grandma would be so proud" We both teared up....

Here is a picture with a co-worker who ran as well. My DH bet $10.00 that I would beat him by 5 minutes. I beat him by 5:56. All 3 of us work together.

Ok, I will go now:eek:

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Wow you're fast at 8:00/mile. I'm so happy for you. I think the fastest I've ever done a mile was probably 8:45 but I think something was wrong with the clocker's watch but I was twenty pounds lighter then. Congrats on the great accomplishment.:woohoo:yes Do you think you're going to do a full marathon in the near future?

·
Banned
442 Posts
congrats!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am so happy and excited for you. I did my first half marathon last May and I felt so good afterward. I can only imagine how good it would feel to beat your personal best.

My grandmother passed away in April so the part about dedicating it to your grandma made me tear up. You've inspired me to train to do another half :)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
that is amazing jamie! well done!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I am always amazed by anyone who can run that much!! Congratulations, its an amazing accomplishment!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Congrats Jamie!!! That's so impressive! And sweet of you to dedicate it to your Grandma. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts