Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wearing Levi's for a long time. This is my first time to seriously consider getting a real designer's jean. I personally like the way R&R looks better than other brand (Diesel is my 2nd personal favorite). I saw many pictures of members wearing the jeans and recieved the comments "too baggy, a bit baggy." I really can't tell by looking at the pictures. Can you point out why you said it's baggy?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Fit is all about you, some people prefer their jeans tight, some baggy. Honestly, wear them how you feel comfortable. I prefer my jeans tighter but i have a couple of pairs that are baggy for those days.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fit is all about you, some people prefer their jeans tight, some baggy. Honestly, wear them how you feel comfortable. I prefer my jeans tighter but i have a couple of pairs that are baggy for those days.
That is what I don't understand when people wear tighter jeans. Do you mean they feel the tight around their waist or their thighs? I need to know if it's too tight that I shouldn't have bought it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Tight is usually around the thighs. IMO too tight is when your constantly fidgeting, pulling down your pants so they dont ride up etc.

Heres a pic i posted a while back. You can judge for yourself :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
i'm curious abou this too. R&R aren't suppose to be exclusively tight only right? it seems like all models that wear these R&R look kinda awkward because it's just too tight on them, so i wasn't sure if it was just me that think that or that's the way people are suppose to look with R&R. the Neil fit is for people that prefer them a little more baggy right?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
There is no mathematical formula to determine amount of bagginess or tightness. It's personal opinion to a point, then I think public opinion does matter if it is indecent.
This on men is indecent:

This is also too baggy:

anything in between (for the most part) is personal opinion, unless you ask others to get a general consensus.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
^ Thats just too much. At least you were considerate and didn't take the front shoot. :rofl

I can guarantee you're going to get tons of different answers regarding your question. Everyone's definition of "baggy" is going to be slightly different.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
There is no mathematical formula to determine amount of bagginess or tightness. It's personal opinion to a point, then I think public opinion does matter if it is indecent.
This on men is indecent:

This is also too baggy:

anything in between (for the most part) is personal opinion, unless you ask others to get a general consensus.
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I personally think some fit pics on here that are deemed a good fit are a bit tight, but thats just me. I am very anti-tight-jeans-on-boys

I really should be writing my paper instead of googling nut huggers for those pics. fuck me.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally think some fit pics on here that are deemed a good fit are a bit tight, but thats just me. I am very anti-tight-jeans-on-boys

I really should be writing my paper instead of googling nut huggers for those pics. fuck me.
Haha, you did a good job, thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Haha, you did a good job, thanks.
I like your taste in wheels, RKII. I have a set of custom RGRs with a polished lip and Nogaro Silver face for my E46. :D

Now, back to the subject at hand: how jeans fit is very subjective. It's really up to you. You can't base your decision off what others think is this or that. What may be nice for you may be too baggy for someone else. You gotta go with what feels comfortable. Personally, you can only take what others say with a grain of salt; it's a matter of opinion. Some may hate the fact that I took my Diamond Black RGRs and made them into something more awesome (to me), but like I said... it's a matter of opinion. Go try on a few different cuts/washes and see what fits you best. You'll find them! :thumbsup

(oh god...I do hope your name is referring to BBS wheels or I'd look stupid!)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Tight is usually around the thighs. IMO too tight is when your constantly fidgeting, pulling down your pants so they dont ride up etc.

Heres a pic i posted a while back. You can judge for yourself :p
I would call this 'ideal' :D
Not baggy, not tight.

Your bum is delish! :jumping

·
Registered
10,768 Posts

TOTALLY with you there.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
maureen, those pics..! :rofl

hello123, what pair is that?! i want! :rofl

to the op: like everyone said, fit is all about you. i think most people here would say my jeans are too loose, but i've tried sizing down and they were way too tight in the hip/thigh area for most pairs. there is easily extra room in the thighs for me, but i'm also a pretty thin guy so...:IDK personally, i'm not a fan of not being able to move or sit down because i'm afraid of something ripping or being too tight. :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would say it also depends on the occasion. I think a baggier pair is more suited to something you're going to wear as a casual, daytime pair. And a more fitted pair is ideal for dressier events or going out.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts