Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I just bought something where the auction said please allow 2 weeks for delivery. I got it in exactly 2 weeks so I gave them 5 stars. That bitch didn't even bother to leave me feedback, lol

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
I agree with Pam. If it takes more then a couple days for them to ship it out I won't give them all their stars. If it takes them a week or more to ship out they are getting the lowest.

Charlotte, I give YOU 5 stars.

Even if the Seller SAID that they wouldn't ship it out for a week, I would still ding their stars. Because it really ain't that hard to get packages out within a couple days. And if you are to busy to ship out in a reasonable time then you are too busy to sell on ebay.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Even if the Seller SAID that they wouldn't ship it out for a week, I would still ding their stars. Because it really ain't that hard to get packages out within a couple days. And if you are to busy to ship out in a reasonable time then you are too busy to sell on ebay.
:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I disagree... I believe ebay gives sellers 7 days to ship out items - I always give 5 stars if they shipped within 7 days. I can see how some sellers, especially those who does not sell on ebay professionally, can get busy with their everyday life/job/kids and take a couple of extra days to mail out my item.

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
eBay doesn't dictate shipping time AT ALL. It's up to the seller. 7 days is not reasonable. Does Nordstom ship your item 7 days later? Would you be upset if they did?

If ebay thought 7 days was reasonable, I don't think they'd have shipping speed stars at all. I'd say 90% of items are shipped in a week, maybe higher. So if all of those 90% of transactions are 5 stars, where does 4 or 3 or 2 stars start? Why have 5 grades at all if 90% of them are the same?

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
I disagree... I believe ebay gives sellers 7 days to ship out items - I always give 5 stars if they shipped within 7 days. I can see how some sellers, especially those who does not sell on ebay professionally, can get busy with their everyday life/job/kids and take a couple of extra days to mail out my item.
Those who are busy with their everyday lives/jobs/kids can drop off packages before they go to work, when they come home from work, before they drop off the kids at school, after they pick up the kids from school...you get the point. It's not that hard to send a package.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
eBay doesn't dictate shipping time AT ALL. It's up to the seller. 7 days is not reasonable. Does Nordstom ship your item 7 days later? Would you be upset if they did?
To be honest, I would not care and definitely would not be upset about it. And I would not expect an equivalent level of service from ebay as I would from Nordstrom.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
If it's not within 48 business hrs they def won't get a 5 from me.
:thumbsup I totally agree. I personally go out of my way to ship within 12 hrs. It is NOT that difficult. If you use Paypal shipping, you can even throw it in your own mailbox if you can't get to the PO. Also, you can schedule a pickup with USPS! It doesn't get any easier than that to send a pkg out in short order!

I feel very strongly about this. If I have collected someone's money, I feel a huge responsibility to get the item to them right away. Why don't some sellers get that? :confused:

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
I usually buy so much stuff I don't remember or care to check to see how quickly they shipped.
Unless a seller specifically pissed me off somehow, I usually give 5 stars all around. :ashamed
:eek:

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
I give them 5 stars if their shipping prices are reasonable and they ship it out within 48 hrs, like most people have mentioned here. I would definitely be pissed if it took more than a week for them to ship it out. I don't see any excuses for that, especially when you can request a pick up from the post office! I hate reading listings where it says, "I am a mother and have kids so I only ship out items once every 2 weeks...." there are plenty of people who have kids and work and ship it out just fine. If you can't get to a post office, ask them to pick it up!!

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
I do not sell proessionally on ebay. I have a life and 4 kids. 99% of the time I ship my packages out within 24 hours or less of receiving payment. Most of the time it is within 12 hours.

I expect the same.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Unless a seller specifically pissed me off somehow, I usually give 5 stars all around. :ashamed
:eek:
Same here, although I am pretty harsh on the "Item as described" stars - this is the most important factor for me. I don't really care if the item took extra 3-5 days to get here or a seller made an extra buck on shipping as long as I got what I expected. i guess I have pretty low standards for ebay...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
if they don't ship it out within 48 hours (excluding sunday) i ding their stars. I sell on ebay, i work, i have 2 toddler to cart back and forth to school, and i get my packages out within 12 hours of payment.
If I were an ebay store with high volumes, I would ensure that I had the staff & processes to do the same.

Its so easy to print a label, schedule carrier pick up and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I expect sellers to ship within the week...maybe I'm more lenient than most. I usually ding stars when the shipping prices are more than 50% of the actual shipping costs and if they take longer than a week without communicating with me. I don't mind if it takes over a week as long as I know. Now, if it's listed in the ebay description that they ship the same day or within a certain number of days and they don't I get annoyed.

I can understand that it might take awhile for some sellers to get packages out if they're not full-time ebayers. I've had times as a seller when someone didn't pay within a certain amount of time and then I had to go out of town or on vacation for a week and therefore couldn't ship (although I usually write this on the listing). Also, it does seem easy to just drop it off at the post office, but when I was on surgery I had to work like 16 hour days...get there at like 5AM and get out at 9. No post office I know around here is open before or after those times. It's not a problem when I'm shipping jeans in flat rate envelopes which I can just stick inside those blue USPS mail collecting things on the side of the rode, but when it's for bulkier things I have to wait. Of course, I always tell the buyer in these rare situations that I'll have to wait till Saturday to ship.

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
I normally ship the next day, but lately my life has been SUPER busy and I have waited an extra day, but that is still within reason IMO

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
I think of it this way. Take the fastest shipping you have ever seen, combined with the slowest you could imagine. These should form your outer bounds (5 and 1). The rest has to fall on that spectrum somewhere

1 - 20 of 36 Posts