Authentic Jeans Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
In January 2007 Jennifer Strange, a woman in Sacramento, California, died following a water-drinking contest sponsored by a local radio station, Sacramento-based KDND-FM.[3]. The fact that the contest was called, "Hold your wee for a Wii" has led some to believe that not urinating is related to hyponatremia. This is untrue; this type of water intoxication is caused by excessive and rapid consumption of (sodium-free) water.

i am sorry but i saw this and i could not stop laughing
Yeah. There is nothing funny about that.

·
Registered
36,827 Posts
In January 2007 Jennifer Strange, a woman in Sacramento, California, died following a water-drinking contest sponsored by a local radio station, Sacramento-based KDND-FM.[3]. The fact that the contest was called, "Hold your wee for a Wii" has led some to believe that not urinating is related to hyponatremia. This is untrue; this type of water intoxication is caused by excessive and rapid consumption of (sodium-free) water.

Huh?:eyebug Sad and tragic, not funny.:shake :roll

Anything with caffeine (tea, coffee, etc.) can't count for hydration.:)

I'm a pretty big water drinker; nothing beats it for quenching thirst and staying hydrated.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
It doesn't sound like you are drinking too much water.

Funny that you mention this is coming from a coworker who drinks a lot of diet pop b/c its actually distilled water that supposedly leeches minerals/calcium from your bones and this is what they use to make soda. I've never heard anything about non distilled water flushing minerals, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Huh?:eyebug Sad and tragic, not funny.:shake :roll

Anything with caffeine (tea, coffee, etc.) can't count for hydration.:)

I'm a pretty big water drinker; nothing beats it for quenching thirst and staying hydrated.

i am sorry but if you agree to hold your urine for a nintendo, i do not think that is the way to earn respect when you die in the first place. It suck they died but that was really stupid

·
Registered
10,068 Posts

A nurse called into the show and warned the fucking idiot DJs about the dangers of what they were doing. Their reply was we have their signatures so we're covered. Nuh-uh, the husband filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the station which he is sure going to win.

The station fired the whole staff the next day. The two that came out with the stunt are facing charges in California.

This is about as funny as laughing about a car wreck.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
drink as much as you like! I'm sure you won't have a crazy water binge and drink 2 gallons all at once.

your body constantly excretes fluids so you have to replenish throughout the day :)

·
Registered
36,827 Posts
i am sorry but if you agree to hold your urine for a nintendo, i do not think that is the way to earn respect when you die in the first place. It suck they died but that was really stupid
I agree it was a lapse in judgment, but the vast majority of us would be dead many times over if we died every time we did something "stupid", agree?:twitch

I just don't think it's funny.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
By the way, she had only done this stunt because her kids wanted the Wii. At the time of the contest, the Wii was totally out of stock and selling for a ridiculous amount on eBay.

She told the station staff that she was not feeling well after the contest. The DJs were warned by a nurse on the air about the dangers and the signs. What did the station do? They put her in cab and sent her home to die. So, who's the stupid party here?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Not everyone knows the danger of drinking too much water or holding it in. She placed her trust in the radio stations hands. The stupidity belongs to DJs that thought up this competition, not the lady's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not everyone knows the danger of drinking too much water or holding it in. She placed her trust in the radio stations hands. The stupidity belongs to DJs that thought up this competition, not the lady's.
it belongs to both.....putting your faith in someone eles hands, especially who you dont know, is a bad choise in the first place.

the djs were dumb as well, but that does not justify this ladies choise. It was major stupidity on both parts. We would be better off if people thought before they acted.....

anything that has to do with me, money wise, health wise, emotional wise i "research"(i might not acually research) and think before i commit action.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts