Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
On the very bottom there is a report this item button link. Press that then choose, listing violation, counterfeit and copyright violation, potential trademark infringement, counterfeit clothing.

Definitely a very bad fake I will report it with you, hope it gets pulled :)

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
good job guys, already removed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fake Eyeglasses on Ebay

So my story is, I recently bought a D+G eyeglasses from a seller on ebay, ID: Bennydragon. When I received the item, I knew that it was just wrong. I went and bought the same frames from OPSM, an authorised retailer.

I requested refund from the seller. I also told him that I have photos of comparisons of the two frames. He asked for them. When I sent it to him, he was very rude and said that the authentic ones should have an ID that was engraved. I pointed out that the frames I received from him didn't have an engraved ID, whereas the one at OPSM did. He just contradicted his own argument! Here are the photos and comparisons

The three most important differences are that the fake ones have no item code, have "made in china" written on it, and the logo engraving is different - common characteristics of replicas.

1. photo of authentic D+G glasses from OPSM (authorised retalier). The ones I bought from bennydragon came with no cases (but the listing did state so, so fair enough on that point)
2. engravings of the fake D+G are not as deeply engraved as the real one (on the left)
3. To show that it's not just the lighting, I placed the real one on
the right this time. Engraving is clearly less "deep"
4. The colour of the frames are slightly different. Also the real one
is slightly longer. (although not a huge difference)
5. There are inclusions in the metal frame under the plastic in the
fake glasses (at the top). THe real ones are clean and have no
inclusions or scratches
6. The fake ones have "made in China" written on it
7. The real ones have engraved code which cannot be seen without flash
8. However if you turn the flash on you see an item code.

Buyers beware!
Guys, I have to warn you, if you've bought a fake item, Ebay WILL NOT HELP YOU OUT! They will only help you out if the item is signficantly different from the listing description - i.e. faulty and doesn't work. Especially if the seller is a big merchant, you don't stand a chance.

I'm so disappointed with ebay and feel cheated. I'm a law student and I feel this is so unjust.

I did find a good seller on Ebay to purchase glasses frames though - pimpmyshades
But you have to be so careful when you purchase on Ebay... I've been burnt enough times. I'm going to stop buying brand items on Ebay. I'll only purchase them from Net-a-Porter or the Outnet from now on. Ebay is great if you want to buy cheap no-name goods though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts