Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I became upset after noticing that the sig stitching on the back pocket of one of my jeans had partially come out. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? How does everyone wash their jeans? Do you use the normal cycle? Also, using the dryer is out the question, right? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
I wash them hot, warm, whatever, and certainly put them in the dryer. Also have boiled them to shrink them. These will not damage the jeans. Pulled stitching is almost certainly from getting them snagged on something during wear, not wash

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
^ :yes me too - everything :twitch

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
if you're worried about loose stitching, try using fray check or some other type of fabric glue. I've also repaired pocket stitching by hand (on a pair of citizens). just go to the store and buy matching thread and fill in with a few stitches where it has come loose. Then use fray check to reinforce :magwink

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
I wash mine on cold, inside out and hang to dry (they are wrinkly when I do this, so I either iron them, or just do a quick steam in my dryer)

I baby my jeans.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I wash cold and hang dry. I throw them in the dryer if they've become a bit loose but I'm not really having a problem with that these days. :roll

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I wash mine on cold, inside out and hang to dry (they are wrinkly when I do this, so I either iron them, or just do a quick steam in my dryer)

I baby my jeans.
Hahah I am the same way and if I don't have enough time to iron I simply massage the jean and it softens it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Yup, I baby my jeans too. Anything with crystals or A pockets I wash inside out. I usually put them in the dryer for a few minutes to soften them up and then hang to fully dry.

I think it depends how much you wear a particular pair too...I have a few pair that I wear a lot, so I baby them extra so they will last longer. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts