Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So once upon a time the most expensive R&Rs ever were studded Henley in Litmus (possibly Lithium, I get the two mixed up) for about $369 at Saks & Neiman's.

Then came the 5th Anniversary (uggggggggly) jeans, for $398.

Then came Neil in Shame, for $399.

Well folks, lemme tell ya, today R&R has turned over a new leaf with the unveiling of a new pair for $638. I wish I could tell you it's something mind-blowing and never-before-seen, except it's just Henlee in that newish super-dirty Vagabond wash, with studded death metal pockets ...

... Or maybe Revolve just fucked up the price again, like they've been doing with Jynx and Ultimatum and whatever else recently. (((ETA: looks like this is the case! Read down for details .... they are only $367ish.)))

In the meantime, for $638, here is Henlee in Vagabond Roam:

ROCK & REPUBLIC Henlee Lowrise Bootcut in Vagabond Roam at Revolve Clothing - Free Shipping!

(Incidentally, I seem to recall Treasurehoard or e.denim or nlp272, one of those regular legit R&R ebay sellers, had a pair of these making the rounds a month or two ago, when I guess their status was unreleased samples, and I'm pretty sure they were going for under $300.)

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
O M G... WTF.. that can't be right!!! don't they have those somewhere else for less?? or was that another wash with the same studded back pockets?

·
Registered
935 Posts
mmmm... I don't see any special reason why it should cost so much...

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The funny part is, the wash looks better on these jeans than it has on any of the previous iterations. It might just be random, and maybe there are severe variations from one pair to the next, but in these particular photos the vagabond wash looks more toned down than it has on any of the previous cuts with any of the previous pockets (based on the photos I've seen online), and i'm liking it a lot more this way.

I'm just not sold on the pockets, and sure as hell not on the price tag.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
^ yeah the wash looks nicer on the ones on revolve, but it might just be the camera and lighting they're using? because eluxury's pictures usually aren't all that great. I think it looks all pixelated and fuzzy-ish.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I like those (at least the ones pictured in the listing from Revolve) $600? That's crazy. I wouldn't pay $367 either, but then again I never pay retail.

·
Registered
616 Posts
blech. those studs look like lego pieces.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I emailed Revolve about it and they already replied to say it's been fixed.

... It still shows up as $638 on the "New - Oct 9" page, but when you go to the actual item page the price is down to $338! Thirty bucks less than eLuxury!

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
lol, good job :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts