Authentic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, crazy question :eek: my curiosity (along with two glasses of wine and lack of sleep :p) got the best of me so i have to ask....

does anyone know...:IDK why is it called "ripout pocket" :confused:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I've been wondering that too! However, what I really care about is getting me a pair. :D Do you know how they fit?

·
Registered
551 Posts
if it's the same as the men's with this, the actual seven label on the pocket and back have been ripped...so the seams are there but the label is not. Silly thing is, I knew that's what it was called but was so distracted by how much I liked how they looked on my husband that it took me ages to figure out what was "ripped out"- finally had to examine them when they weren't on him :rofl:eek:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I could be wrong here, but isn't the thread on the back pocket ripped out and it's just the dye left on the pockets (where the thread was supposed to be)?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
^ yeah this is basically right. I had a pair but had to sell them since they were too big and the flynt "stitching" is actually just the darker, unwashed denim underneath where the stitching used to be. It is really kind of cool IRL. Sort of like how if you did a pocket transplant on a light pair, the virgin denim would be way darker lol.

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ :yes

I could be wrong here, but isn't the thread on the back pocket ripped out and it's just the dye left on the pockets (where the thread was supposed to be)?
^ thats it :woohoo that makes total sense there is no thread, just the darker denim :thumbsup

thanks gals :hug i just had to know :rofl

I've been wondering that too! However, what I really care about is getting me a pair. :D Do you know how they fit?
^ i have 26's and they fit well, so i think tts to maybe a little big :magwink

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
^Thanks :) And that's good to know about the pockets--I've never seen close up photos so I didn't realize there wasn't actually stitching on the design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts