Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am contemplating buying my mom a Coach bag for Christmas. I am torn between the Fall Patchwork Gallery & the Holiday Patchwork Gallery tote. I have never seen this bag in person, so I have a few questions. Is the strap long enough to fit over your shoulder? Do you find that the bag is pretty versatile, meaning you can wear it with black or brown?

Here is the Fall Patchwork:

OR the Holiday:

Not sure which one I prefer. Any opinions? Are both of these bags current styles? Sorry I am clueless about Coach.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

· Registered
4,434 Posts
i dont know much about the bag...but you've made beautiful choices.

i would find the pink in the holiday bag a little less versatile, but i like the strapping on the holiday bag better.

· Registered
2,975 Posts
The fall is current. I have it in the duffle. I really love it! I think it's the best patchwork they have ever made. I believe that is last years Holiday. This years Holiday patchwork is different than that one. I like that one better than the new one.

15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know much about the bag...but you've made beautiful choices.

i would find the pink in the holiday bag a little less versatile, but i like the strapping on the holiday bag better.
I agree! I like the strapping on the Holiday but the colors of the Fall better. Decisions decisions.

Thank you all for your opinions!

· Premium Member
12,017 Posts
The straps on the Gallery Totes are definitely long enough to wear over your shoulder.

I prefer the brown patchwork to the holiday patchwork for two reasons:

1) Easier to match the brown/gold color combo

2) The style of the bag is more structured. The newer patchwork is more sturdy and the straps start at the top -- they don't cut across the middle of the bag. The older gallery tote "sags" in a funny way because of how heavy the straps are across the bag. It weighs it down. I have a gallery tote in all black in the older style and the sides (where the turnlocks are) are constantly "collapsing" and it's a pain in the ass lol

· Registered
5,041 Posts
I LOVE the fall patchwork :)

· Registered
5,689 Posts
The fall is so pretty in person, I almost got a swingpack in the same style but realized WTF would I do with something that small.
x100

my vote goes to fall as well, but that's because I hate pink.

· Registered
5,689 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.