Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pam posted this service in an earlier thread about this company, JeanSolutions and I thought I'd try them out...http://www.authenticforum.com/onlin...-mail-service.html?highlight=hemming+original

JeanSolutions – Tailor, keeps original hem, great option for women who wear petite sizes or looking for short jeans

I think they did a pretty good job. The crease in the back isn't lined up perfectly but no one will notice that. They don't do the folding method, they cut the original off, then re-attach it. It cost $14 dollars which includes insurance and standard shipping back ($2 more for Priority Mail).

Turnaround time for me was 1 day. I live really close and mailed them out on Sat., they rec'd them on Mon., shipped them out on Tues and I had them back on Wed.

For anyone that doesn't have a tailor that hems w/originals like me, here is a great option for you. You do pay to ship to them which would be at max $4.60 priority flat rate for one pair. Obviously First Class is way cheaper...

I'm sending in my TR Bobby Heritage and my SFAM Flynts... I'm too scared to send my TR Joey Supers with the twisted seam. I'll wait after a few more pairs...
Before:

After:

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Looks like they did a really excellent job! :)

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
Wow, I'm sold! I may have to get off my duff and try them out :)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Wow, I am filing them away for future use. Looks like a great job and super fast TAT too!

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
thanks for the update!
I live in PA so the shipping time should be quick for me too :D I dont trust anyone around here to do it and im not sure ishould do my own yet lol

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I think I will try this, but I need quite a few pairs done and I would want to mail more than one pair at a time to save $ on shipping. There is a place in my town that hems with original, but they tried talking me into letting them do their own hem on my TRs and they acted sorta bug eyed to each other about the fact that I had brought 3 pairs of designer jeans in. This website sounds like they understand our denim obsessions:D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Wow! Thanks for posting. I am definitely going to take advantage of this service. I live in the sticks and every person I have called has no idea what I am talking about when I tell them I want my jeans hemmed with the original.

·
Registered
80 Posts
im new to this so what exactly does hem w/ ORGINAL mean?

I thought you just cut off a little to the size you want...fold...and sew it up. Is that wrong?

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
Well there's no "right" or "wrong" but if you do it the way you just stated, it no longer looks like it's supposed to. These designer jeans are all distressed on the bottom, some have intentional fraying or fading and unique whiskering, etc, some have unique colors of thread used to stitch the hem, some are way thinner (1/4") than most tailors can duplicate, and putting the actual original bottom back on the jeans is the only way to make them not look like they've been hemmed! The bottom is cut off and then actually reattached in the correct place after removing fabric above it to make them shorter

·
Registered
13,747 Posts
Just got a chance to look at this on the computer instead of my phone, and wanted to point out that those are indeed done by the "folding method" - the exact way I hem my jeans, except they're cutting some of the excess off. Get a sewing machine and study my guide then you won't have to send them out!

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
That is an excellent job!

IMO though, before shipping out a pair of Supers, I would make sure to insure that package BOTH WAYS.

That would be quite a costly loss should anything happen to the package.

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
Wow. those look great! $14 including the return shipping! Great Deal! If I had the patience, I would SO open a business like that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts