Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i got some RR hemmed at Nordies and they made them a little too short for my taste.. i even specifically told the lady to make them just a little bit longer than what she had marked.. i saved the scrap they cut off.. is it fixable?! i want to add like an inch!!!! will they do it for free?!?! :cry

· Registered
1,063 Posts
what if it's already been hemmed with original but you want it shorter, is that possible?
I think Imhotep is replying to adorable123
you can always make shorter, thats eaiser but longer is hard if the material is cut off

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Ok, so i got some RR hemmed at Nordies and they made them a little too short for my taste.. i even specifically told the lady to make them just a little bit longer than what she had marked.. i saved the scrap they cut off.. is it fixable?! i want to add like an inch!!!! will they do it for free?!?! :cry

adding a whole inch will be next to nearly impossible EXCEPT if u had a wide hem on the pair to begin with. funny u should post this because i had a VERY similar situation happen w/nord alterations.

long story short, the seamstress hemmed it too short for the pr of shoes i had in mind, but FORTUNATELY, my pair was dojos w/the wide hem so she was able to add 1/2" longer for me by shortening the hem width frm the usual 1 and 1/2" to 1"...and it looks fine. (of course, it would've been ideal had i not had this problem to begin w/, but oh well...)

oh, and YES, u can DEFINITELY return the altered pair back to nordies for whatever price u paid for it (provided, of course, u purchased it frm nordies)...it's a legitimate claim since alterations screwed up ur hemming, and now u r stuck w/a hem that's just 2 short for wt u had in mind.

lastly, yes, nordies will try and fix up the hem job for u free of charge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.