Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there is a guide for hemming joey's with hems to match originals?

i found a tailor that did a fantastic job on a pair of seven's and i'm pretty sure if i had a good guide to print out and bring her, she could do the joey's.

just wondering where such a guide would be. thank you :D

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Some people have said that they have to be cut off (the hems) first and then sewed back on, i.e. you can't use the sandwich method with handsewing or glue. Luckily for me, Joey's usually are the correct length as is!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they did do a nice job, but they folded instead of cut, so i'm worried they will try and fold and it won't match up, and i'm wayyyyy ocd about it :(

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
^^^Well, professional seamstresses might be able to do something that I could not do. I have very rudimentary (sp?) sewing skills!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just hemmed my daughter's joeys, and i'm by no means any type of seamstress, I just had to bend it a little to twist along with the seam but it was easy so any tailor should be able to do it pretty easily I would think...i fold hemmed it just in case she grows in the next month..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no she folded on my 7's, but i can ask her if she knows how to cut and do it, she seems to know what's going on haha

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
when i do my joeys, i fold them but baste and iron them before sewing them on the machine to make sure they dont try to inch out of place...

just make a point of it to your seamstress to be sure to line up the seams.
or you could send em to me
:D

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I had mine done from a tailor who probably wasn't used to doing twisted seams - they tried to convinced me to let them do their own hem. Luckily they ended up doing a good job. Even though it isn't lined up perfectly, you can't tell unless you are looking closely.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
I wanted to remind OP to search out BabyJ's pictorial ..
she did a great job with her Joey!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts