Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really need help!! I bought my hubby a pair if heritage pockets from the mall and he wore them twice. As I was about to wash them, I saw a hole at the top of the pocket. I went to see my seamstress tonight and she made me notice that about 4 or 5 other spots on the jeans were about to give out and turn into holes since the jeans are so thin.. What can I do? Has this ever happened to any of you?

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
Pictures please.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I tried to show where the other holes were going to appear but it doesn't really show how it really is in person. Let's say I put the jeans in front of a light, well you can see through the jeans on a lot of places..

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
That IS too bad.
Excessive fabric treatment and sanding probably weakened those areas too much.
:shake:(

That does stink.
I wonder about emailing corporate on that issue.
Are they irregulars?
Those tears are really not from wear per se...not natural:(

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
With Samples, you may not get help from TR Corporate, but hey it's always worth a shot and they do have a good CS department. If not, your best bet maybe to use denim patch from the inside to reinforce them.

OTOH, you could leaves those holes as they are and give them that destroyed look if he's into the destroyed look, but that's up to you.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
they are samples. I bought them from a member here. What can I do?
Try what I suggested, or do as Art suggests too.
There is nothing much more to be done.
It is not the sellers fault at all.

Patch them now if TR will not help.
I don't think they will because of the sample issue, however it can not hurt to try.
Otherwise, patch and wear.
:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Silly question, but how do I contact who about this if I want to try and ask if they can do something?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much for the help. I just called TR and they said there was nothing to do about this since they don't sale their samples.. and therefore cannot do anything for me..

I'll try solution #2, patching..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
They DO sell their samples.:shake

·
Registered
486 Posts
I hope you didn't pay too much. then.

The destroyed look is cool, but it sounds like they won't stay at their present state and will continue to deteriorate?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just read another thread about the same problem ( on pockets), and the suggestion was an iron patch inside . Would it work in this case ( since I have no clue of what that is... sorry)

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
ANY patch on a tear or damage will effectively 'PATCH' the area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts