Authentic Jeans Forums banner

Help with an eBay buyer please....

844 views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  **fancy**pants** 
#1 ·
First of all, I truthfully list my merchandise to the best of my ability which is why providing lots of photos, as I do, I feel will protect me from unreasonable buyers. Now, I have listed these in mint condition, not new, with loads of photos for reassurance.
Unfortunately for me I have just received this message.....[.Can we please resolve this? The item is described as "mint condition no visable signs of wear." I have multiple pairs of True Religion jeans that have distressed finish, but none with this amount of wear. The jeans were not what I expected. Thanks I look forward to hearing back from you soon.]

Please let me know who is unreasonable, myself or the buyer. I have no interest in refunding the buyer because it has been 8 days since she received the jeans, but just decided to contact me. I feel they have been worn more (distressed spot blow through) and now I'm to blame.
Any advice in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks! O
oh , here is my completed listing........
True Religion Julie Super T Natural Dark Homestead Skinny Jeans Sz 27 x 35 Mint | eBay

#2 ·
The buyer is definitely at fault, your pics showed that the wash is distressed. I wouldn't be surprised if she wore them and blew out one of the holes, but have a feeling that PP/ebay would side with her.

Somebody with more dispute experience may have ideas on how to handle it, but mostly I see them saying offer to take a return, minus shipping costs.

#3 ·
Unfortunately eBay/Paypal would most likely side with your buyer. I would just take the return to avoid getting the claim against you, which seems inevitable by the buyers response.

I pretty much never use the word mint condition because there is always someone that will disagree. Even if my jeans look new without tags, unless I know for sure that they are new with out tags, I state the condition as 'good pre-owned condition showing light signs of wear' Even if they show no wear at all. I figure, better to have someone pleasantly surprised by the condition then disappointed. Buyers are so incredibly impossible to please sometimes.

#4 ·
Yes, I absolutely agree, particularly with paypal siding with buyer as sad as it is for seller. Thanks Amber for advice on not using Mint condition. The thing is, this particular pair is from my own collection. When I purchased these. I was advised to go up a size (I was between sizes) considering they are a distressed skinny. They fit awesome at first , well fitted at rear,but after a few hours they were sagging at rear. I like my jeans fitted particularly at that area...LOL. Returning was not an option when tags removed. I put them away for a while, and now that I lost a jean size, they are just too big. My reason for selling them. I know for a fact that I only worn them once, and know that they are in new condition, washed only once with no blown out distressed spots. My fear is if I accept a return, I will receive a worn out denim with blown out distressed areas as it has been over a week since she received them.

#5 ·
It's really a tough thing. :( I have had buyers return pairs that I sold as NWT and then they were sent back with no tags on at all and obvious walk wear on the hems. It sucks. I sympathize.

Well, if you are willing to risk a claim I would explain to your buyer exactly what you explained to us. Who knows, maybe she will be reassured that it is how they are supposed to be. A lot of those super distressed washes do look like they are worn from the get-go. She may just not be familiar with that particular wash and after explaining, might get it. Just tell her that your listing does state that there are no returns and you know for a fact that you only worn them once and that you are sorry that she is unhappy, but that you were honest and accurate in the listing and there is nothing you can do for you.

Maybe she will drop it. But if she opens a dispute, you will have the option of taking the return before it goes to a full claim where eBay decides and when it can potentially damage your seller account.

#7 ·
Crossing my fingers for you.

Some people can just never been convinced. I had a buyer once think I sent her factory seconds because the waistband in the back wasn't flat across. (It was a pair of SFAM that I bought personally at a full retail boutique that had one of those contured waistbands where it is supposed to curve up in the back). It didn't matter how much 'proof' I showed her of stock photos of the jeans or the wording off the SFAM website itself, she did NOT believe me that it was supposed to be that way and filed a claim. :madbeating

#8 ·
I know, I know, I could only hope for the best.

I have been blessed (I would like to believe) with great buyers. That is till this very week....bummer, two in one LOL. As it stands, today I received my first negative feedback, and I know it's just a feedback, but I'm taken back. Fortunately the buyer was not aware about eBays policy. He contacted me stating that I have sold him a pair of used jeans but listed them as new. Just because he found a hair in the back pocket and abusively demanded that I work out a deal or else her will give me a feedback that I have never seen (exact words). What... a hair? are you kidding me? Many other repeat messages followed threatening negative feedback and all. I contacted ebay immediately and they said that yes, he did violate eBays policy and if he were to leave negative feedback that could possibly remove. Now, I'm waiting and have my fingers crossed that they will. What a headache!

#13 ·
Some ebayers are nuts yet they know how to use and abuse the system against good sellers and buyers. They have lots of time on their hands and are sick and this is their entertainment. In my case I was not even the seller, but now, in hindsight, i see i should block anyone who is like this and even if they are a seller from buying from me.

My thought exactly

#16 ·
I almost bought these jeans from you!! They ended before I could bid :( Sorry the buyer is being a PITA. UGH!

OH ask her to provide you with pictures of the distressing she is concerned about and then you can see if she has worn them more than they were. IF they look the same she has no ground to stand on (except ebay will side with her if she files a claim b/c they SUCK!)... Probably buyers remorse or something.

#19 ·
Finally received a response. This is what it says:

I'm sorry the jeans were just not as expected. The holes are right at the knees and I'm certain that they would get worse. Is there any way that I can send them back to you and you can deduct the shipping that you paid from the amount to refund. I noticed that several people bidded on the jeans. I don't think you would have a hard time selling them again. Please advise.

Thanks,

Now I know for a fact that they worn them and blown out the knees, as my photos provided show knees with no holes. I would not have a problem refunding her but if send out jeans without holes why would I take a return with holes....not fair. I did ask her if she can upload a photo of the exact hole. We'll see....

#20 ·
I would message her back and tell her that the distressing is the way the manufacturer intended it and that they are meant to get bigger with wear. (Many destroyed pairs come with a tag that state something along those lines). But that if she doesn't care for that look, she could have a tailor reinforce them so that it won't blow open with wear. But that you will not be taking a return because they were sent to her exactly as described and how the manufacturer made them/intended them to be.

#22 ·
So...she emailed me photos of the distressed spots. To my surprise they were in absolute perfect condition, no blown out distressed areas. What she referred to holes was the intentional distress. I did accept a return because I didn't want to deal with the hassle. Received them and happy to say that they are in exact condition as send out. After all the hassle of questions and all, I was surprised to find a great, positive feedback from her. Way better than I would have expected. To be honest I was expecting negative or neutral feedback. BUt.....:::woohoo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.