Authentic Jeans Forums banner

Help! Problem with my ring!!!

2K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  wakingdreamer 
#1 ·
As some of you might have know, I had a temporary engagement ring (my moms) until I received my real one. It's here! I absolutely love it!

It's a 3 carat white gold halo style ring with a green amethyst center stone and a half eternity with pave diamonds. I really didn't realize how big 3 carats was until I put it on my finger. :jumping

Sorry some of the pics are blurry but it is really hard to take a picture of something so sparkly. :D

See less See more
#22 · (Edited)
After I got the ring and looked at it closely there was a flaw on one of the sides of the Pave settings. I sent the ring back. :( Apparently the flaw is in the cast of the ring, so it can't be fixed. They offered to set my stone in this ring instead:

It's pretty, but much larger than the setting that I originally picked.

What do you all think of the new setting? The original was already large, this one is going to be bigger. :bigeyes

Do you think the new setting is going to be too big for my hand? It's basically going to take up my whole finger. My fiance is not being very helpful and doesn't understand my concern. :roll He likes the new setting more, I'm undecided.

#23 ·
Char, if you like your ring the way it is I would insist on having your stone re-set in the same style. Personally I prefer your original ring. I don't like the gold around the main stone before the diamonds in the other style and I think your ring is the perfect size for your finger :love Since you already were surprised with how big it was, would you like it if it was even bigger?

I had a very similar problem with my ring :twitch but I only found out it had a flaw when I went to get it sized about 10 months later and the jeweller told me they couldn't size it because it had a very tiny crack in the setting and resizing it would break the ring. Mine was from a local store so I went back to them ready for a fight but they were very apologetic and re-set my stone in a new band and re-sized it for me for free.

#27 ·
How noticeable is the flaw? I agree, the other one looks a little clunky. Is there no way they could design a replacement that's the same for you? You certainly shouldn't have to settle for something you don't like as much as the original :(:shake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.