Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a pair of jeans from JnJ over a month ago and the package is well and truly lost. I escalated the claim yesterday and JnJ has given Paypal the Priority International receipt/customs number and said that it is the tracking number. It is NOT a tracking number but I'm worried that Paypal will take JnJ's word that it is and rule in favour of them. Is there anything I can do? There doesn't seem to be any way to respond after a dispute has been escalated.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
was it sent regular priority or just priority flat rate?
I don't think theres really much you can do at this point other than wait and see.
When did you actually order the jeans?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's USPS Priority Mail International, not sure if it's flat rate or regular.
If I put the receipt number into the tracking it says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 3, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 3, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.
This is exactly the same information I was given by a seller that I had nothing but problems with. I had two orders in with her, and according to this 'tracking' info she gave me one order shipped on the 14th, and the other on the 24th of November. It never updated, and weeks went by.

When I filed a claim she sent Ebay tracking information BUT it was for a replacement, not the first shipment she claims to have sent out. It was sent over night and with proper tracking and once I got the item I closed the dispute.

I don't think that customs number will fly with Paypal since it hasn't updated. They can't prove it was delivered, so I don't see how they'd win. Hope it all works out for ya. :thumbsup

·
Registered
277 Posts
I always get the same message when I buy jeans etc...shipped by USPS. They update it when the package is delivered. (I think)

Anyways, your package might be lost, but it's a holiday season and it will take 4 to 6 weeks if the parcel is shipped via surface (which is the cheapest, like cost 15$). I am not living in US, so I don't know, but it is a possibility that your jeans shows up sometime in next week?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ I doubt it. It was supposedly mailed on 3rd November and it wasn't via surface. I ordered something from the UK only last week and that item has already arrived, less than a week!

I've had bad experiences with Paypal claims, I just hope they side with me this time otherwise it's $100+ down the drain :(

·
Registered
671 Posts
I agree... us priority flat rate international envelope can take such a long time due to customs in some countries. The post office states they are unable to track an item internationally until they are actually delivered. I have seen it take over a month to get to certain countries...it is not only frustrating for the buyer but the seller as well!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
sounds like it's flat rate. there's no tracking on them. seller will lose. that being said they will also probably show up
Wow, I had completely given up hope that mine orders would/will show up.

Is this the same service you're talking about?

Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Both my packages were shipped this same way. I'd be shocked if they all of a sudden just showed up.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From past experience, if a package from US doesn't arrive within 2-3 weeks it's gone forever. I wonder what happens to lost packages. There must be a whole continent of them!

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
Wow, I had completely given up hope that mine orders would/will show up.

Is this the same service you're talking about?

Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Both my packages were shipped this same way. I'd be shocked if they all of a sudden just showed up.
No. First class will probably be even slower. I'm talking about Priority Flat Rate Envelope.

From past experience, if a package from US doesn't arrive within 2-3 weeks it's gone forever. I wonder what happens to lost packages. There must be a whole continent of them!
Disagree completely. Have had a ton of packages take longer than that. Never lost a single one in 10 years on ebay.

Undeliverable/lost domestic packages in the US get sent to the hub in Minnesota and auctioned off

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
Disagree completely. Have had a ton of packages take longer than that. Never lost a single one in 10 years on ebay.

Undeliverable/lost domestic packages in the US get sent to the hub in Minnesota and auctioned off
GRRRR! That means some jerk got to bid on my missing jeans :madbeating

I guess I need to go to minnesota... :whistle

·
Registered
471 Posts
:eyebug Uhmmm, can anyone attend said auction?

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
PS: this is not like individual items one at a time. i hear it is massive lots/pallets full of stuff. like you'll be bidding on an entire pallet of lost DVD's, massive lot of assorted clothing, etc.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Suuuuuper lame. I am moving there soon though :woohoo Could be an interesting little trip...

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

You're so blessed to have never lost a package!
I don't think I've ever lost a package that I've sent out but I've had a handful of packages that never reached me :( including AF secret santa from 2 years ago from a very reputable member. And she sent out 2 packages after learning the first was lost and the second STILL never got to me! Sometimes I wonder if the posties do x-ray checks and decide that they just want to keep it for themselves :madbeating

I want my jeeeeaaaanssss!!!!!! Damn it!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paypal ruled in my favour! Yay! :headspin
Needed the money after all those Christmas presents I bought myself recently :jumping

1 - 20 of 30 Posts