Authentic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone...I sold a pair of kid's TR and the buyer paid by e-check. She had emailed me to ask how to cancel her e-chack and pay instantly and I told her to contact Paypal. Almost a week later (today, the day the e-check was scheduled to clear) she cancelled her e-check payment and payed me outside of ebay. Now she wants me to cancel the original transaction (she said because her e-check will go through if I don't cancel the transaction, which would result in an NSF fee from her bank). The way I see it, she wants me to conduct this transaction outside of Ebay which would leave me more vulnerable to fraud...but I am not an expert :eek:. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members here could give me advice. Thanks! :)
ETA: Correction...she said that she cancelled her e-check, but it was actually only delayed until the 22nd. I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, about the double post, I think she just mispoke (sp?) and wanted me to cancel the e-check as opposed to the EBay transaction. My brain doesn't process information well past dinnertime! So...nevermind :ashamed
:D

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
Paying outside of ebay leaves the BUYER more vulnerable, not you (no not-as-described-coverage). And this is not paying outside of ebay anyway. it's still related to an ebay transaction, and you can even specify the item number when paying. So long as the payment says 'ok to ship' you are fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts