Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that I am developing "jowl" or laugh lines...I notice them more in the morning than at night, but they are annoying me and become more pronounced after I put on my foundation.

I am not ready to make the leap for Juvaderm or Restalyne...it's just something I am not willing to do at this moment. However, I am looking for a firming lotion or anything that will lessen the appearance of laugh lines. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I was thinking about cheapo stuff like L'Oreal Visage (firming serum) or Oil of Olay...not sure if those do anything does anyone have any experience with Drugstore "firming" lotions?

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
I have noticed that I am developing "jowl" or laugh lines...I notice them more in the morning than at night, but they are annoying me and become more pronounced after I put on my foundation.

I am not ready to make the leap for Juvaderm or Restalyne...it's just something I am not willing to do at this moment. However, I am looking for a firming lotion or anything that will lessen the appearance of laugh lines. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I was thinking about cheapo stuff like L'Oreal Visage (firming serum) or Oil of Olay...not sure if those do anything does anyone have any experience with Drugstore "firming" lotions?

i dont know about any kind of cream except for avene eulage that i hear works pretty well. Other than that laser has done wonders for my hideous wrinkles.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Marvel- Mini Red led light therapy. Blissworld sells it TOTALLY AMAZING! Take care of it now so it don't become a problem. Mine went away with it. Olay SUCKS it balls up on your face.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
How come I don't have any of these hideous jowls and wrinkles?

Not wishing for them though...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
How come I don't have any of these hideous jowls and wrinkles?

Not wishing for them though...
HAHAHA! Your a lucky, lucky gal! I was a serious sunworshiper! I got lucky got rid of everything with retin-a and the marvel-mini. I'm surprised! Aren't you from LI the island of a thousand beaches?.......You got good genes ( or jeans in your case!)! :rofl

·
Registered
8,234 Posts

Skin cannot be firmed. It is an interesting marketing ploy though, one has to applaud cosmetics companies for this. :shake
You can accelerate collagen production by using a retinoid (otc or prescription, see the notepad by tetrakis on makeupalley). Most important is prevention against sagging skin (high PPD photostable sunscreen at all times). A regimen of c serum topped with a great sunscreen in AM, and a retinoid in PM is the only really effective regimen that has a scientifically proven effect on skin aging. If retinoids are not possible, peptides would be the other option (Olay Regenerist ist probably the best line with peptides on the market right now, followed by Neutrogena).
Restylane is your best bet if the lines (lines from laughing, that is, those deep ones around your mouth when you laugh) really bother you that much.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all and special thank you Jenn for your information. The lines are from laugh/smile. They don't bother me terribly when i am in direct sunlight I really notice them in the mirror. I thought I was "too young" for such lines, but I believe its the years of summers at the beach and tanning bed in my late teens/early 20's that contributed (I haven't done that since I was 22 - I am 27 now).

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Girl, I have seen a few pics of you, and you were smiling in all of them, iirc. I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary. Just a beautiful woman. :)

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww that was very sweet of you! :hug
I do believe most of the discoloration on my chin and any wrinkles I am starting to form are from over-exposure to the sun. I love my mother but she is 56 and completely wrinkled from basking the sun for years. She still does it- :shake It's worse than people who smoke but can't stop...it's not like she's addicted to the sun.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
More than the sun I love the fact that no one believes the ages of my kids when I tell them.

There is a deep down satisfaction upon seeing their reactions.
:devil

Much more satisfying than a great tan in the summer.

Though I would STILL like to have a great tan in the summer or any time at all, I am pasty white with dark hair and eyes. Ever been the same.:)

I will not strive to get one unless it comes out of a bottle.:(

However it has gotten to the point I am afraid there just might really be a portrait in a closet aging somewhere...:whistle:ashamed:)

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I know people who swear my that Avon Clinical stuff.
Yeah, many many people swear by ineffective products. Otherwise the companies would be out of business. Most people also usually see imaginary results. Best are before and after pics, same lighting, same hour of day etc. done by yourself.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Aww that was very sweet of you! :hug
I do believe most of the discoloration on my chin and any wrinkles I am starting to form are from over-exposure to the sun. I love my mother but she is 56 and completely wrinkled from basking the sun for years. She still does it- :shake It's worse than people who smoke but can't stop...it's not like she's addicted to the sun.
You know I mean it. :)

People can indeed become afficted to the sun- and to tanning beds. It's scary, especially how they look. :( You find info googlong tanning addiction. :twitch

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Skin cannot be firmed. It is an interesting marketing ploy though, one has to applaud cosmetics companies for this. :shake
You can accelerate collagen production by using a retinoid (otc or prescription, see the notepad by tetrakis on makeupalley). Most important is prevention against sagging skin (high PPD photostable sunscreen at all times). A regimen of c serum topped with a great sunscreen in AM, and a retinoid in PM is the only really effective regimen that has a scientifically proven effect on skin aging. If retinoids are not possible, peptides would be the other option (Olay Regenerist ist probably the best line with peptides on the market right now, followed by Neutrogena).
Restylane is your best bet if the lines (lines from laughing, that is, those deep ones around your mouth when you laugh) really bother you that much.
you are amazing! this was extremely informative... i know that i'm not the OP, but i definitely learned a lot from this. thanks so much for all your well-thought out answers :)

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Have you considered Thermage?
My mom was reluctant to go with fillers too, and Thermage did help making her look more refreshed etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts