Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a pair of sunglasses from an Ebay store and paid for it through Paypal on 9/24. On my Paypal receipt it shows the correct address. I had also specified for the seller to ship USPS Priority Mail. I receive an email from the seller saying the sunglasses will be shipped out on 9/26 but it does not ship until 10/2. The seller ends up shipping with FedEx and to the wrong address (another confirmed address that I never use). The package is now being held at the FedEx facility.

I called their customer service yesterday and the guy was pretty rude, even blaming me for the incorrect address. But when he checks his computer, it ends up showing the correct shipping address that I had requested! After a while of complaining he agrees to redirect the package at no charge to me. I call FedEx today - still being held... I email the seller - no reply. I work all day so the FedEx facility will be closed by the time I get there. Or else I'd just go and pick it up.

If the sunglasses ends up being returned to the seller, would it be considered my fault? I really want the sunglasses but at this point I kind of just want my money back. I don't know what to do. :(

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Sorry no one has gotten back to you yet.

It is the Seller's responsibilty to get the item to you. If the package gets returned to him then he will either need to re-ship (at his cost) or refund your money entirely. If he is not agreeing to do one of these two things then file a claim and Paypal will make him do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response :D
After contacting FedEx and the seller numerous times, the sunglasses are finally being re-routed to the correct address and should be delivered on Monday.
After all this trouble, my bf better love these sunglasses!

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Glad to hear it. So strange that the seller would ship to an address that was different than the one you specified on ebay.

In my recent experience, I have decided that I HATE fedex. I will at all costs avoid sellers who use them from now on.

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
I really like Fedex. I prefer them over UPS. UPS leaves packages out in the rain on my front porch to either get ruined or snatched up by someone.

Glad to hear the sunglasses are making their way to you.

·
Banned
466 Posts
one of the great things about paypal is that they actually dont care if you get the item. with usps delivery confirmation, all you have to provide paypal with is a delivery confirmation number to the same zipcode as the recipient. so if you bought something from me on ebay i could mail a magazine to a mcdonalds in your area code and i would win the paypal dispute.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
one of the great things about paypal is that they actually dont care if you get the item. with usps delivery confirmation, all you have to provide paypal with is a delivery confirmation number to the same zipcode as the recipient. so if you bought something from me on ebay i could mail a magazine to a mcdonalds in your area code and i would win the paypal dispute.
;hysterics:lmfao:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts